Off topic whole house generator

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I know I'm late but I just ran across this thread and thought I'd share a few pictures of our whole house generator, maybe they'll give someone some ideas they've been looking for.
PB300249.jpg

1.8 kw solar array, not doing much good today in the rain.
PB300254.jpg

24 volt forklift battery split up for 12 volts and in bad need of some maintenance.
PB300252.jpg

2 2400 watt inverter/chargers, stacked for 120/240 volt split phase
PB300256.jpg

transfer switches feeding the main breaker box for the house

This set up runs our entire house except for the electric range and clothes dryer and we have all the electronics and appliances that everybody else does. Runs all of the lights, tv's, dvd players, computers, refridgerator, freezer, 3/4 hp 240 volt well pump, toaster oven, microwave, and blow dryers. I was going to get a picture of the generator but the generator shed is so full of stuff that I couldn't get far enough away from the set to get a picture. It's a single cylinder, Changfa style diesel driving an 8kw ST head, geared down so that it's only running 1300 rpm and only uses 1/2 gallon of fuel per hour and will run off of most anything that's combustible, vegetable oil, used engine oil, hydraulic fluid, ATF, etc.

Back