Ok January 1 is here, 2153 update??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez, and I thought I was impatient!

I will be calling, (nagging), my rep tomorrow morning to see if there is any news. I know there is supposed to be a new price list, so hopefully the 2153 will be on it.

Well, it is going to be my first saw and took me a long time to decide. As soon as news of this saw came out my decision became easy.

8:03 am Jan 1st. I too am ready for my 2153. :greenchainsaw:

OK, we have an update.

Not a real big one, but info has started to trickle out.

Was told today that they will be taking orders this month for February delivery. They are waiting on a firm price from Sweden. I figure it would be $20 either side of the NE 346, so I said "Just send 'em".

Thanks for the update........

OK, we have an update.

Not a real big one, but info has started to trickle out.

Was told today that they will be taking orders this month for February delivery. They are waiting on a firm price from Sweden. I figure it would be $20 either side of the NE 346, so I said "Just send 'em".

Talked briefly with my dealer via phone and he verified new price list was in. I will be visiting him tomorrow and see if i can get a price on the new 2153.

Bag and Drag sale has been extended until all models in stock are gone.......

Concerning the 2186....no news of any more coming into the US....Possible replacement in the works based on the 390xp????? I am sure our friends in Scandinavia will surely see it first.

I will post my findings tomorrow evening

Concerning the 2186....no news of any more coming into the US....Possible replacement in the works based on the 390xp?????

Oh?? I hadn't heard anything about that, but it makes sense. Glad I didn't put any gas in my 390 yet!

Oh?? I hadn't heard anything about that, but it makes sense. Glad I didn't put any gas in my 390 yet!

Yes, it makes sense. So far, 385xp has been pulled from Husky's site in Australia and 2186 has been pulled from Jonsered's site in Sweden. Certainly would not expect anything soon but I think it is safe to say something is brewing.

I am also inquiring about WH models for the 2153 tomorrow.....just might pick me up another 2171 now that I know the sale is still going on.....DAMN!:clap:

2153 in Canada

Found the 2153 on the back page of the sales flyer, you can check it out at jonsered.ca

Found the 2153 on the back page of the sales flyer, you can check it out at jonsered.ca

I took a look there, and wasn't able to find it anywhere on the site...is that page available for dealers only by any chance?

CS 2153 "Ulticor"........

OK......... was at the dealer yesterday to take advantage of the remnants of the "Bag and Drag sale". Picked up another 2171 and am absolutely lovin' it.

Correction- Dealer says that, so far, there is no "official" news of a 2153. So far, spike60's info is the most credible.

Please keep us posted.

Price on a new Husky 346XP NE, I think, is around $460.

Nicest little tidbit I came across was Jonsered's revamped model designations. My new, late '07 model 2171 is branded with the name "Ulticor" on the bottom of the recoil side sticker. It seems that Jonsered has adopted this term to designate Pro level saws....2152 on up. Essentially just like Husky's XP labeling. Looks like all 2153's coming over to NA will be Ulticor branded.

Keep the updates coming gents..........

I will say this much I fear it might end up like the 2147 maybe 50 or so will make it over here? I have a bad feeling about this saw. imo

OK......... was at the dealer yesterday to take advantage of the remnants of the "Bag and Drag sale". Picked up another 2171 and am absolutely lovin' it.

Correction- Dealer says that, so far, there is no "official" news of a 2153. So far, spike60's info is the most credible.

Please keep us posted.

Price on a new Husky 346XP NE, I think, is around $460.

Nicest little tidbit I came across was Jonsered's revamped model designations. My new, late '07 model 2171 is branded with the name "Ulticor" on the bottom of the recoil side sticker. It seems that Jonsered has adopted this term to designate Pro level saws....2152 on up. Essentially just like Husky's XP labeling. Looks like all 2153's coming over to NA will be Ulticor branded.

Keep the updates coming gents..........

Hmmm, still more than the 5100 and it doens't run as good.........

:popcorn:

The jury is still out on that - and the 346 surely handles better, and is a tad lighter......:givebeer: :givebeer: :popcorn:

Good reliable sources say otherwise. they all seem to weigh in about the same when topped with fuel and bar oil give or take a few ozs

Back