Ok January 1 is here, 2153 update??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Translation from Swedish site. A little rough but should be able to make out. I think it is a new starting mechanism, like that found on the S series saws.

NEW FORCE in THE FOREST

In order to an engine saw will be experienced as easy worked and smooth is the important that it is simple to start. The engine saw Jonsered CS 2153 Ulticor is equipped with new solutions that meet those requirements. The petrol is pumped directly to förgasaren also when the machine has to stood a while and dragmotståndet in
the initial string is reduced with up to 40 percents. Smart functions that do that it is required fewer features and smaller force in order to start the engine saw.

It has low weight, fast acceleration and h

Can't we just call it "the primer". :cry:

That would make too much sense. Don't upset the engineers, it is an air purge. LOL. :cheers:

I hope the 2171 doesn't come with the primer. I don't even know why they are putting them on the smaller saws, I don't even use it on the 2141.

That would make too much sense. Don't upset the engineers, it is an air purge. LOL. :cheers:

I hope the 2171 doesn't come with the primer. I don't even know why they are putting them on the smaller saws, I don't even use it on the 2141.

More fuel lines to go bad after time.....

The reason they are put on there is to help prevent people from flooding them. They have a return line back to the tank. You could pump that thing till you are blue in the face and it isn't supposed to flood the carb, at least that is what my dealer tells me. He doesn't like the abundance of fuel line on them to go bad. Most homeowners leave their tanks full from year to year, and well with that ethanol in the gas, it will eat the lines faster....

Just curious Troll what do you drive ?

Another question, has anyone seen a NE 346 in Canada yet? My dealer says only in the states and not here any time soon, would the J-Red be offered in Canada?

Kirk

Trusty ol' Volvo 945 Turbo+.......:)

"Ulticor"? Please tell me this is a joke. Ulticor. What the heck does that mean? (People are gonna ask!) That's freaking horrible. Sounds like some kind of mystery ingredient in shaving cream or something. "Get your closest shave ever with new improved Barbasol, now with Ulticor!"

Far too much alcohol being consumed in the marketing department. Ulticor. Unbelievable.

I have no idea just now, but will try to look into it.......:givebeer:

Edit;

As far as I can see, Ulticor on the 2153 refers to the air purge, in combination with the decomp valve (the "40%" part of the story) - no more, no less. :monkey: :monkey:

The "Spin start" designation is just as silly (maybe even more), as it means different kinds of start help, on different models......GRRRRRRR

Edit again;

...looks like Ulticor has a different meaning on different models as well, or doesn't have enything to do with the mentioned features at all (see post 51).........:bang: :bang: :taped: :rolleyes:

Last edited:
"Ulticor"? Please tell me this is a joke. Ulticor. What the heck does that mean? (People are gonna ask!) That's freaking horrible. Sounds like some kind of mystery ingredient in shaving cream or something. "Get your closest shave ever with new improved Barbasol, now with Ulticor!"

Far too much alcohol being consumed in the marketing department. Ulticor. Unbelievable.

Ya think maybe it's in Trolls dictionary over there? Somebody wake him up and find out! Maybe there is a Scandinavian meaning that we're not aware of.:dizzy:

It's not a word here either. Not even close. I'll guess it's just a name but I can't figure out what for. Anyway, it's not for the primer, that's a "primer" in "Swedish" too, and furthermore it's just a part of the SpinStart system, so there's no need for another name on that.

But I think this is the Husky conspiracy: They let Jonsered give their saws better looks, but that was it. Everything else should be somewhere between silly and stupid, or in the neighborhood: "Haha, we're gonna make you call the CCS 'Turbo.' And you have to round off weights upwards! And power downwards! And then we're going to force you to market SmartStart as 'SpinStart.' And on top of that you will have to start printing the word 'Ulticor' on your saws. What it means? Nothing, but it makes your saws more silly! Brahahahhh...'

All to ridicule the brand, so that it wont get to big a market share and take business away from their premium brand...

I thought Jonsered was the premium brand...

I don't remember where I read it, but there was a statement from them some year(s) ago, that the "Husqvarna" brand was Husqvarnas premium brand, all the others were not ranked between each others, but were just not the premium brand. But the mere looks of a Jonsered says otherwise to me, and if I got it right, pricing usually does to... Here they often complement each other so that if a specific Husky is only available as an E-Tech, then the equivalent Jonsered is available without, or v.v. This makes comparing exact prices a little trickier.

Remember that you're speaking of the same department that thought writing "Nascar" on saws and bar covers was real cool.

And know then that it actually turned out to be at least the cooler one, here they decided to have the same campaign but with the words "Rock'n roll" written on them...

Either this, or I'm right about the Husky vs. Jonsered conspiracy...

No worries, same saw.....

Hi guys, Did not mean to alarm anybody. The new 2171 I picked up the other day is the EXACT same saw as the WH model I purchased back in Nov. The Ulticor name is a small addition to the bottom of the recoil side sticker. NO primer or anything like that....same good ole 2171. The foldout leaflet that came attached to the handlebar reads in French, German, and English reads:

"Ulticor is Jonsered's most advanced machines, developed for professional use. The Ulticor range contains chainsaws, clearing saws and brushcutters with ultimate power, design, control, and feeling."

Serial # on my saw is # 07 4600095.

This one is headed straight to WHS........:)

Remember that you're speaking of the same department that thought writing "Nascar" on saws and bar covers was real cool.

When that brilliant idea came out, they actually charged an extra $5 for it. And after a couple of tanks of fuel, it wore off like any other bar paint. Ultimately it must have been a flop, because I ordered them without the NASCAR stuff and got them anyway, no extra charge.

NASCAR makes a fortune from this nonsense. "Be sure to clean up with the official toilet paper of NASCAR!"

When that brilliant idea came out, they actually charged an extra $5 for it. And after a couple of tanks of fuel, it wore off like any other bar paint. Ultimately it must have been a flop, because I ordered them without the NASCAR stuff and got them anyway, no extra charge.

NASCAR makes a fortune from this nonsense. "Be sure to clean up with the official toilet paper of NASCAR!"

When I bought my Lincoln Welder the price I originally saw and the price I paid (a few months later) was about $10 different. The only difference was this new NASCAR sticker on the side. I always joked that I paid $10 for that sticker, but always thought that I wasn't too far from the truth.

Back on topic, Why didn't they just use SP, and paint the side cover silver?

Back on topic, Why didn't they just use SP, and paint the side cover silver?

Funny that you mention this. I have some silver paint from when I restored my 621, and I thought: Why not a special Heritage Edition 2165. I have an extra top, so I gave it a shot. Looks great.

I have no idea what Ulticor means (or doesn't), but I imagine it is a non-word on purpose.

One of the things marketers are actually running out of is names, believe it or not. When you consider the number of countries (and languages) Jred sells in, it's probably easiest to keep from violating trademarks by just making up a word.

Take for example the old firm of Andersen Consulting. When they split off from the parent company (right before it went belly-up!), they were required to rename the firm. One of the problems they faced was picking a name that wouldn't mean anything bad, or violate any trademarks, in just about every language on earth. So they held an employee contest, and the winner just grafted 'accent' and 'future' together to make Accenture. (I think it would have been funnier had it been Fuccent, but hey...) Then it took the marketing department literally months to make sure it didn't piss-off somebody.

Look at the auto industry...you think 'Altima' means anything? Or 'Camry'?

Last edited:
Funny that you mention this. I have some silver paint from when I restored my 621, and I thought: Why not a special Heritage Edition 2165. I have an extra top, so I gave it a shot. Looks great.

Do you have any pics of it? I would love to see it. I have a 2065 that is getting a 372BB kit and some other work to have as a "fun" saw. I was thinking of doing something along that line to it.:chainsaw:

Latest posts

Back