Ok January 1 is here, 2153 update??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jury is still out on that - and the 346 surely handles better, and is a tad lighter......:givebeer: :givebeer: :popcorn:

Good reliable sources say otherwise. they all seem to weigh in about the same when topped with fuel and bar oil give or take a few ozs

I have always considered Sawtroll a reliable source.

Guess it is like any other saw, Some say it's good some say it's bad.
The beat goes on.

Not trying to pick a fight but when you say "Good reliable source"
There should be no secret as to who it is.

The beat goes on.

If you are going to quote me, then quote me.

I said SOURCES with an S, meaning more than one. Realiable meaning no B.S. a straight shooter so to speak.

When one is a Dolmar dealer, one a stihl dealer, one a husky dealer and they all say the same, that kinda makes it not an issue.

They are not all on this site, so what is the point of naming them?

Check out that quote from Thall. There is a member from this site. He'll tell ya how it is too, ya know.

The beat goes on.

Welp if Stang is referring to what I said about those saws he is quoting me correctly. I ran them both in a 10 inch piece of hard hickory. The 5100 was the fastest every single time. Not by much, less than a second between them. Being fair the 346 is new and if it gains some as it breaks in it may go heads up with the 5100 but I seriously doubt its gonna gain enuff to do it. I could care less myself but anyone with a new stock 346 thinking they got the upper hand on a 5100 they are in for a rude awakening. They are both fast, no question about it but here at this house for the time being the 5100 is the champ. That may change as the 346 breaks in, who knows.

Last edited:

I said SOURCES with an S, meaning more than one. Realiable meaning no B.S. a straight shooter so to speak.

When one is a Dolmar dealer, one a stihl dealer, one a husky dealer and they all say the same, that kinda makes it not an issue.

Check out that quote from Thall. There is a member from this site. He'll tell ya how it is too, ya know.

Well there ya go, Now I understand better.
BTW. I was not quoting ya, Makes no difference how I said it.

The beat goes on.

Thank you Manual - I never said that the new 346 is faster than the 5100 - just that the jury is still out, as they are real close.

The handling issue is somewhat important for limbing, but not for cross-cutting - and there sure is a weight differense, but not a large one.

Both are truely great saws, no doubt about that! :clap: :clap:

Last edited:
Both are truely great saws, no doubt about that! :clap: :clap:

That is the bottom line. That is all that matters. All the rest of the arguements make it fun on here.....give us something to do. lol

But... and the big but is......the price makes it a better value in my opinion.

Last edited:
Sure enough - but that is a non-issue to me, I simply don't care about 10% or so price differenses....:)

must be nice to have enough money to not worry about price. Also, depending on the dealer the dolmar can be had well below retail. Not going to happen with the new husky system.....

Last edited:
Just curious Troll what do you drive ?

Another question, has anyone seen a NE 346 in Canada yet? My dealer says only in the states and not here any time soon, would the J-Red be offered in Canada?

Kirk

Nicest little tidbit I came across was Jonsered's revamped model designations. My new, late '07 model 2171 is branded with the name "Ulticor" on the bottom of the recoil side sticker. It seems that Jonsered has adopted this term to designate Pro level saws....2152 on up. Essentially just like Husky's XP labeling. Looks like all 2153's coming over to NA will be Ulticor branded..

"Ulticor"? Please tell me this is a joke. Ulticor. What the heck does that mean? (People are gonna ask!) That's freaking horrible. Sounds like some kind of mystery ingredient in shaving cream or something. "Get your closest shave ever with new improved Barbasol, now with Ulticor!"

Far too much alcohol being consumed in the marketing department. Ulticor. Unbelievable.

Translation from Swedish site. A little rough but should be able to make out. I think it is a new starting mechanism, like that found on the S series saws.

NEW FORCE in THE FOREST

In order to an engine saw will be experienced as easy worked and smooth is the important that it is simple to start. The engine saw Jonsered CS 2153 Ulticor is equipped with new solutions that meet those requirements. The petrol is pumped directly to förgasaren also when the machine has to stood a while and dragmotståndet in
the initial string is reduced with up to 40 percents. Smart functions that do that it is required fewer features and smaller force in order to start the engine saw.

It has low weight, fast acceleration and h

Latest posts

Back