Ok so please don't respond if your too young to remember

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok choose your option

• #1 Safety leak

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • #2 common sense fuel can

Votes: 88 91.7%
  • #3 I only come here to feel I'm a man

Votes: 6 6.3%

• Total voters
These are Awesome for taking to the station for filling and putting in the shed to use from. I don't have the need for 5 gallons of fuel when I'm cutting firewood unless I drag the splitter with me.

I buy most of my gas at Walmart, but have gotten it at many other places. I've never had a single problem filling these VP Containers. Dirt Track Racing is Big around here and you'll be hard pressed to see a Dirt Track hauler without a few of these on board and full of Racing Fuel.

We've been using these suckers for years! And you can still buy em everyday at your local hardware store, even Walmart still sells em.
Google Image Result for http://img2.etsystatic.com/000/0/5976166/il_fullxfull.187543342.jpg

Yeah but they don't have the flex tube like the old gas cans did!

I use the 5 gallon VP cans myself. Have some red and some clear/white cans. Mohammed at the gas station told me he can only fill red cans. I told him to shut up the premix oil is RED:msp_w00t:
Also have two small plastic 1 gallon cans similar to the VP cans, sometimes it seems like the 066 only gets two shots out of them:chainsaw:

I like this style for premix. I'm sure it's far from the best, but they work good for me.

stock-photo-10777292-two-gallon-plastic-gas-can.jpg

Shane, did you read the description? Good luck getting it filled at a gas station.
From the website ---->NOTE: The VP Motorsport Container is intended only for use as a rapid refueling device for
racing vehicles used in professional off road and closed course competition racing events. It is
NOT a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state or federal agencies.
Intended for racing fuel only; not to be used for street legal fuels.

PS, we use them for sled, 4 wheeler and dirt bike fuel. We use the safety cans for our lawnmowers on the highway trailers. Don't need any extra tickets for improper fuel storage.

dave, we have the plastic single spout cans here. I have a supply of the old ones but almost impossible to find the old yellow spouts for them. I go to alot of auction sales so I will have enough for awhile, just bought a bunch of spouts a couple of weeks ago.

It never was said these were governmentality approved, just that they worked best. Anyway, around here, we all pump our own. I've seen folks pump gasoline into coffee cans.

I use #2 cans as thats what my Vp fuel comes in. Flame me for buying $3 a qt fuel, thats fine. I like the smell and the performance I get, along with the 2 year shelf life and NO ethanol.

Do they sell regular cans in Canada?

Last new one I bought was a "no vent" safety can with a double nozzle so that it vents into the gas tank you're trying to fill. Stupidest design ever, pours so slow slow slow, especially when full as you can only tip it slightly without flooding the vent nozzle and you can't really get it to point down. I spilt more gas than I ever have before filling the ATV because my wrists got tired from holding it at an odd angle for so long!

Got any one in your area that races snowmobiles? Used race fuel steel fuel cans work well.

For 5 gallon cans can't hardly beat the old military fuel cans. Screw in lid, with the donkey d spout, and never spill a drop.

Shane, did you read the description? Good luck getting it filled at a gas station.
From the website ---->NOTE: The VP Motorsport Container is intended only for use as a rapid refueling device for
racing vehicles used in professional off road and closed course competition racing events. It is
NOT a portable fuel container as described by ASTM, EPA, ARB or other state or federal agencies.
Intended for racing fuel only; not to be used for street legal fuels.

PS, we use them for sled, 4 wheeler and dirt bike fuel. We use the safety cans for our lawnmowers on the highway trailers. Don't need any extra tickets for improper fuel storage.

dave, we have the plastic single spout cans here. I have a supply of the old ones but almost impossible to find the old yellow spouts for them. I go to alot of auction sales so I will have enough for awhile, just bought a bunch of spouts a couple of weeks ago.

I go right to the gas station all the time and fill them up. No one has ever complained or said a word to me. Fill them up with 91 or 93 octane all the time

Got any one in your area that races snowmobiles? Used race fuel steel fuel cans work well.

// looks all around..hmmm..checks local adverts..snowmobile races...maybe on the local radio, check there....sunday sunday SUNDAY!!!.nope......

I use the plastic safety "cans" now since I don't have any of the common sense cans anymore. I just drill a hole in them where the little yellow vent used to be, then screw a drywall screw in there when it's being stored. Remove screw...pour...replace screw ...smile.

// looks all around..hmmm..checks local adverts..snowmobile races...maybe on the local radio, check there....sunday sunday SUNDAY!!!.nope......

Could find a local vp-sef dealer and spend the $75 for 5 gallons of fuel and then re-use the can.

Back when I was a teenager (don't ask), we carried gas in gallon jugs. Just sayin'.

Ok do a search for EZ-POUR then search retail stores to see if there is one near you. This kit will fix the problem they cost about 10 bucks.:msp_biggrin:

I STILL have 2 plastic 5 gal cans with the flexible, accordian plastic spouts. But they both leak and the tape ain't gonna hold forever.:msp_angry:
SealAll actually works pretty well on those.

Just the other day I had to fuel my pickup so I could make it to town. I took a new plastic can, removed the spout, and used an old metal flex spout from a 5-gallon can as a funnel.

What irritates me is the price they want for these things. 10-15 dollars? COME ON!:mad:

my favorite can

This is my favorite can. I liked that you could easily bend the spout into the tank, with the can sitting on the ground, then lift tilt and pour. I buy all my fuel cans at garage sales and auctions. I probably have 8 or 9 cans sittin in the shop that I don't use but I got um.
gascan_zpsb4fd7837.jpg

Same goofball that think they are gonna save the whales are the ones cramming this gan can down the throat with the spring loaded spout. The heat coming off my head every time I have to think about it is gonna melt them ice floes. Sorry polar bear. I really didn't want to get ate by a bear. (In the first place).

Latest posts

Back