Orline Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnc(ks)

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Is anybody out there familiar with the Orline (O & R Engines) chainsaws? I just inherited an Orline, Chainsaw-1, Mark II chainsaw, and I'd like to know the displacement on the engine. The operator's manual doesn't give displacement or HP(RPM), but is dated (1973), and does give me capacities and chain pitch (.325). I could not find the Mark II on Mike Acres' website. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

John

Email mike directly...he may be able to help you. I have seen a couple of these in collections, and I think they turn up on ebay occasionally.

I have had a couple of these Ohlsson and Rice engines, one on a little 140 watt generator set, and one on a bicycle motor. I don't know the displacement, but I'd imagine it is about 15cc.

O&R engines

I have an old parts list for the ORLINE Mustang (1968). Tagged to the end of the list is a description of the model A, B and C compact industrial engines. Apparent the letter designation refers to: A - round tank; B - with tank mount; C - without tank. Each of the models is further subclassified I, II or III. The I is 3/4 HP, 6300 RPM; the II is 0.85 HP, 6300 RPM, and the III is 1HP 6300 RPM. I don't have displacement specs.

Orline 129 Mustang Need points and condensor

I have one of these saws, I think I picked it up at a garage sale once, of course it didn't run. I tried to start it but had no spark. I took the thing apart a few years back, lost the points set (I still have everything else).
I wonder if anyone has a source for a set of points for the Orline.
Saw is kinda neat looking, it still has most of the label on the front of the bar and the muffler is still pretty blue, not much rusted. I would like to play with it sometime and get it to run.
Thanks in advance....

One just popped up on Ebay

chainsaw-02.jpg

EBAY

Orline 129 Mustang

That's about what mine looks like (not so nice a shape though) except that the one I have is a drab green...
Anyone have a set of points??????

Trimmed,
Is that your saw? Looks good. Interetsing design and looks like a big bar for such a little motor.
TSM

7.75 lbs and has a gear drive-wow. i look at the entire layout of that saw and it screams "construction tool" at me. I'm not saying that was the intended market just the impression I get. it would be fun to run one a few times.

"Trimmed, is that your saw?"

No, it does look like sumpthin I need though :D

After Erik asked for a pic, curiosity got the better of me and I did a google, but couldn't find squat, gave up, then bang there it is on Ebay(insert twighlight zone music) It's cool looking ain't it?

Yeah, the bar is just wide for a trim saw, the chain is bigger than most trim saws, mine has Oregon #12 chain and they're not that heavy.
I would like to run it. Anyone have a set of points or a good source to get them from......

If I recall,O and R engines were used on large scale model airplanes.Cute little saw,gear drive,hmm.

I worked on an Orline Mustang once for a neighbor many years ago. Think it is the only saw I ever saw where the cylinder was threaded into the block and the exhaust was on a ring that fit between the two. I have included a link to an exploded view of this engine from a chains saw service manual I purchased in the early 70's.

Bob

http://165.234.175.12/photos/Equipment/O&REngine.jpg

Hi there, as you can see, I'm new to the web site. I have an Orline Mustang, (yellow) and it sure is a cutie, not much of a runner right now though. I can't seem to get any fuel from the fuel tank to the carb. I've had this little cutie all apart and cleaned everything. I can get it to run using starting fluid, but no fuel in the fuel line. Used the primer on the carb, took it apart, did all the stuff, etc. ANY SUGGESTIONS. I'm also looking for a complete side cover with the cord and all. :

Latest posts

Back