Orline Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jack7,
I have a couple of the Mustangs and the 129(Olive green) that I am currently working on. I split the tank and found it to have alot of scale. The fuel pick up line and metal mesh filter are tiny - like 1/8" OD line. The line was blocked solid, I am replacing and cleaning and will go from there. These are cool saws and well made but tiny - its like working on a watch. By the way, if anyone has any info on sourcing a bar it would be much appreciated. (See earlier post).

sawjo, The line I put in the tank is 1/8 ID, I think. I have some line that is 1/8 OD but the ID is 1/16. I'm not quite sure if I should go to the 1/8 ID as I'm not sure if the diaphram in the pump will pick up fuel. What's your take on this?

Another question, when I put the side cover with the recoil cord, if I don't space it out a little, the hooks that turn the flywheel will rub on the flywheel fins. I use a couple of small washers between the cover and the body that it screws into. Then it will allow me to pull the starter rope without a bind. Is there a spacer or something that is missing.

I have a few more questions but for now I won't be so rough on you. Ha! :dizzy:

jack7, I don't know about the fuel line yet, I haven't completed assembly - I am going to try the 1/8 OD. There were no spacers on my flywheel side cover but the recoil rope pully was a little warped and had some high spots, it was also dragging. I removed and straightend (flattend) out with good results.

OR Line? let me see what i may have in my collection...oh-yes. maybe this one.
notice the shock hazard at the spark plug :dizzy: marty

Great picture Mike, I'd like to see more pictures of it from different angles, maybe I could learn something. Ya just can't look at them without feeling a warm feeling, I really wish I didn't find it because it has me obsessed to get it running and KEEP it running.

Here is the return email that I got back from Mr. Twigg at JMT Enterprises. I already found the web site a few days ago but thanks for the information anyway. :Eye:

HI Jack,
I'm sorry but my stock on those items is depleted. I do have one box of
parts yet to go through and I will check but I doubt I'll have them.
Thanks,
Mike

Mike Twigg
JMT Enterprises
P.O. Box 37
Glenelg, Md.
21737-0037

Do an ebay completed auction search on 'orline'. There's all kinds of cool toys powered by these little engines and it looks like they all use the gears drive set-up.
John...

Does anybody out there know if there any carburators that will interchange with the Orline Mustang engine, or of any way to rebuild one them. Weedwacker brands, etc. I'm DESPERATE!!!

Any thoughts or IDEAS would be greatly appreciated.

Looking for specs for O&R engine

I have a Ford chain saw by O & R Engines Inc.

My guess, it's the Hawk I, only because the chain is 12".
If my guess is correct then it is the 1.34 cu. in.

The numbers on the shield are 13B 276 if that helps.
The fuel mixture is 24 parts gas to 1 part SAE 30 oil.

Does anyone know the settings for the: points, plug and the carb air mixture screw?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

If it is a Hawk
Plug is now a champ CJ8 originally a CJ14. setting is 0.030"
point gap 0.020" armature air gap 0.010"
there is only one mixture screw
There was an early and late carb
late carbs had a mixture screw with a spring to hold the adjustment
set those to 1 turn out from lightly seated for the initial setting
Some early carbs had a Lock nut on the mixture screw.
set the early carb to 1.5-2 turns out from lightly seated as the initial setting
For the Eagle plug is a CJ6 normal use CJ4 heavy use setting 0.025"
point gap 0.015-0.018
armature air gap 0.010"
initial carb setting 1.25 turn out for the idle mixture 1 turn out for the high speed

Thanks for your quick response in posting the settings.

I'm not sure which model it is. Is there anyway to determine a Hawk from an Eagle and is it's a I, II, or III?

The one I have is Ford blue. The carb has the mixture screw with the spring and also a set screw for the idle. A 3 positon choke. And another setting just below the mixture screw. It's a lever with 5 holes/settings, spring loaded and is attached to the throttle shaft.

Also, I need to make a correction, the chain is an Oregon 12 and the size is 20".

Thanks for your help.

I worked on an Orline Mustang once for a neighbor many years ago. Think it is the only saw I ever saw where the cylinder was threaded into the block and the exhaust was on a ring that fit between the two. I have included a link to an exploded view of this engine from a chains saw service manual I purchased in the early 70's.

Bob

http://165.234.175.12/photos/Equipment/O&REngine.jpg

hey this link doesnt seem to work do you still have the parts view i would greatly appreciate it

tonka

sawjo, The line I put in the tank is 1/8 ID, I think. I have some line that is 1/8 OD but the ID is 1/16. I'm not quite sure if I should go to the 1/8 ID as I'm not sure if the diaphram in the pump will pick up fuel. What's your take on this?

Another question, when I put the side cover with the recoil cord, if I don't space it out a little, the hooks that turn the flywheel will rub on the flywheel fins. I use a couple of small washers between the cover and the body that it screws into. Then it will allow me to pull the starter rope without a bind. Is there a spacer or something that is missing.

I have a few more questions but for now I won't be so rough on you. Ha! :dizzy:

i know this is an old post but i had similar problems and come to find out i had the small alluminum retaining/lock ring in the wrong place. its sposed to go in last inside the pully with the rope. if that makes any sense. i f you still need some advice i can explain better

I hadn't seen it. I will have a glance if it is still on, if not- could you post a link? Thanks, Jeff

I also know that this an old post, but I got one of these saws in today and need an IPL and a source for parts, carb. kit and rings. Tom

yea is there anywhere to find parts for these things? i unfortunatley need an entire back handle, and the smaller alumminum cooling shroud, and a condenser, might be asking for a miracle with this one. but on the plus side i got the first one running, and boy does it run good.

Latest posts

Back