OWB Remote Temp Guage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zr700

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a OWB and would like to have the water temp displayed in my house, preferably digital. Any Ideas, I dont want to spend a ton of $$$. The only thing I come up with would be an automotive style gauge with a electric sending unit.

I got one from my Central Boiler dealer can't remember price but it was under 100 dollars. Probe goes on pipe for water heater and digital display and also believe you can monitor multiple temperatures.

I got one from my Central Boiler dealer can't remember price but it was under 100 dollars. Probe goes on pipe for water heater and digital display and also believe you can monitor multiple temperatures.

Ahhh, I see it in their catalog. Thank You very much!

Buy one of the ones that are intended for use with an outdoor smoker (BBQ) pit.

Dual channel remote wireless (to the receiver) units are available on ebay for under $50.

Maverick ET-73 if I remember.

You can surface mount the probes to the pipe wall with some heat transfer compound to ensure good heat transfer.

Steve

Last edited:
Buy one of the ones that are intended for use with an outdoor smoker (BBQ) pit.

Dual channel remote wireless (to the receiver) units are available on ebay for under $50.

Maverick ET-73 if I remember.

You can surface mount the probes to the pipe wall with some heat transfer compound to ensure good heat transfer.

Steve

Great find this is perfect with the high low alarms and my OWB is only 40' from the house. I'll be ordering one today.

I suspect that the wireless range is somewhat exaggerated and that the battery life probably won't be all that great, but I ordered one also this morning after your post jogged my memory.

I can always mount mine semi-permanently on the lines where they enter my basement once I figure out what my transfer losses are. I'll be running about 150 ft to my foundation on my install.....

Steve

I have one of the wireless BBQ temp sensors. Works well. I have been using it for two years now with no problems. The battery's last about six months.

Great, just ordered one (Buyit Now).... I have been using a small digital meter (Temp Nurse) in the utility room, but not alarming or anything... So this would be much better and I can get temps out at the stove... It looks like it has two probs, I wonder if one could be used to monitor outside temps?

temp_nurse.jpg

Back