Pictures of the Stihl MS362.... but for real this time.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
STIHLTHEDEERE was who he was. I actually talked to the guy, and he was pretty cool. I dont know what made him go section 8. Doesnt matter, he is crap in my book now.

OHHH, that guy. Geezzzzzz 2k really knows how to hurt a guy. Oh, well, it coming from a guy that thinks inbred babies are beautiful.

True. My big Pet-peeve with it would be that you need a screwdriver to get at the dang air filter, surely Stihl must know this by now????????

That is a hint from Stihl to leave the filter alone.

STD=Stihlthe Deere

Husqvarna and Dolmar handles break just like the Stihls, the difference is no one bothers to fix the Husqvarnas and the three guys that own Dolmars just buy new handles, over the internet.

Where is the Husqvarna 60cc saw, back in development? Again?:poke:

I am editing this to show that I have no bias and if the obvious joke has been told I apologize.

The reason that the filter shroud is held in place, in a manner requiring a tool to remove, is to make it that much more difficult to see all the dust getting sucked past the filter and into the the Chinese cast, epa pounded engine.

Last edited:
Does it have IEM ?

Pics look like it's got a high screw on the carb, but IIRC the rumors were that it was going to have IEM.

Thanks for info if known.

PPine

Husqvarna and Dolmar handles break just like the Stihls, the difference is no one bothers to fix the Husqvarnas and the three guys that own Dolmars just buy new handles, over the internet.

I fell on the front handle of a Husky 455 from 3 foot up and broke a rib the saw was unmarked!
And thats a cheap and nasty handle:)

I purchased a 382 today in Michigan. Seems to be a nice saw. Time will tell.

The 3 cover "screws" only require a 1/4 turn to release,then the filter and cylinder/plug are all exposed under the one piece cover. What I thought was a drawback actually works very well.

I purchased a 382 today in Michigan. Seems to be a nice saw. Time will tell.

The 3 cover "screws" only require a 1/4 turn to release,then the filter and cylinder/plug are all exposed under the one piece cover. What I thought was a drawback actually works very well.

382 or 362? How much?

Oops. Old timers disease setting in.

It is the 362. The receipt says "list" price with 20" bar is $689. but STihl offers a 20% discount to educational institutions. It was about $45 more than what I could have gotten a 361 for.

This is especially for you Tom...

I was at the Shenandoah Co. fair two weeks ago...a Stihl/Kubota farm equipment dealer had the nice Stihl trailer and tent set up, all of the Stihl OPE on display....I asked if they had a 362, salesman said "what's that?

Nuf said....:jawdrop:

Reminds me a bit of my 441 which I personally prefer over my 044's of old. Still for darn near $700 i'll keep my 372 wearing a 20" bar anyday. Not sure what to think of the air filter access either, even if it's just a quick realease with a torx driver it still looks homeowner in the fact that they don't need to service them as much. Never liked the 361 due to price and power and probably wont give this one a chance either. IMO it looks like a firewood cutters dream saw though.

Back