Pipe for 088

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
more pics

View attachment 208772View attachment 208773View attachment 208774

Used an aluminum 1/4" sheet rectangle with a welded pipe to make the nipple for a copper 1" ninety degree pipe to attach to, then just 1" flex-pipe and fiberglass heat wrap and mounted with clamps.

Still has the stock muffler and screen, just mounted this pipe to the exhaust cover screws.

The bracket at the back holds the end of the pipe as well as protects the throttle cable from getting bent too sharply.

Still need to try it out. Anyone think that pipe may be too restrictive??? I increased the original outlet from 14mm to 21mm, but added the pipe.

Definately a plus if the wind is at your back taking the dust and fumes away from your lungs!!!!

I was milling in the 95'F heat with NO wind and was getting a bit dizzy from the fumes, not a quality buzz by any means!!! I made this pipe real cheap and hope it works. That copper pipe has me a bit worried as I am sure it will hold the most heat, good spot for a thermal couple.

With the remote throttle working perfect and this pipe to shoot the fumes way to my left milling should be better next time.

Still going for the gravity feed, cruise control, sit and sip a coldy in a chair while the mill goes all by its self like Bob L.:clap::clap::clap:

Anyone think that pipe may be too restrictive??? I increased the original outlet from 14mm to 21mm, but added the pipe.

FWIW pipe is only 19 mm ID.

Given its 21 mm I'm not too worried about the length of the pipe but the right angle bend of the connection between the copper and the rest of the pipe could be smoothed out.

Anyway it's how it tunes up that is the key. If it is too open and free revs and bounce off the rev limiter and you cannot bring it back below the rev limit with the H-screw adjust then you will need to rejet the carby. If it cannot reach the rev limit using the H screw then it is too restrictive.

I will be interesting to see how it goes.

Hey sach, I saw that before I posted and was going to wait because that 420 pipe is awesome!!!

I don't have any way of doing a pipe like that but maybe if someone on here starts doing pipes for an 088 I would buy one. I just wanted to get the fumes out of the way and made it so it can be removed easily.

I see stumpy wanting some programs for pipes and he seems pretty handy, maybe he will start making some???

BobL, thanks for your comments and as soon as I get a chance I will give the saw a try and re-tune. Raining all weekend and next 2 days, not good for milling or cutting.

Good idea on the pipe, i have been pondering something similar for my 394 but it will just come out from the muffler and then down over top of the clutch cover to some extent. Sucking fumes while milling really does suck.

Latest posts

Back