Post pictures of your woodpile/splitting area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks awesome, Rwoods! Fun times, if I was down near your way, I would come down and help out! Good way to spend an afternoon :rock:

The first picture is the pile for my mom which should last her most of the winter. When she gets most of that burned I'll have to go out and cut her another load or two to get her though the winter.

The second area is a little spot at my moms where I can store a few truck loads for sale, I just need to find two more skids to keep everything off of the ground.

View attachment 300493View attachment 300494

That little bit of wood lasts most of the winter up there?
I go through at least three chords a season here

The first picture is the pile for my mom which should last her most of the winter. When she gets most of that burned I'll have to go out and cut her another load or two to get her though the winter.

The second area is a little spot at my moms where I can store a few truck loads for sale, I just need to find two more skids to keep everything off of the ground.

Nice you can help keep your mom warm. Good little stacking area near the fence, too..fill 'er up!

24" dbh oak. That would be a workout for a 362 . . Prolly a lot easier on your hands and elbows that the Mac's are.
Looks like the eastern states have really got hammered with wind and rain. . Good job. Getting hung bucking is all to easy to do. . Trust me. Do I ever know that.

I haven't cut in 6 weeks or so and as you know you get out of shape in a hurry - all the overhead bucking is why I used the 362. I was too lazy to go back to the house for one of the MACs so I just bucked the stem as well with it. To be precise the tree was actually 26" at 5'. Though not ideal, if the chain is really sharp it is no big deal pulling a 25" bar with a 362 in green oak but when it starts to dull that's another story. I wish I could find a primo 044 to add to my line-up but I haven't.

I love cutting rootballs as I find them challenging especially when one end wants to go down as the other end goes up but I don't always predict them correctly. I actually stuck my rescue saw for a bit too (also a 362) but after a little struggling I was able to free it and continue with the rescue.

Ron

Recent storm brought down this 2' dbh red oak right next to my wood piling spot. Just ran out of mix so I'm taking a break and washing off PI oil before I go to the gas station. This tree gave my 362 a little workout - 2 1/2 tanks. Had to cut it out once while cutting the stem. Ron

---right handy delivery there, good wood! yep, I can see how you might have got pinched a time or three, that sure is a goofy trunk..but a lotta wood!

Got some standing dead delivered today courtesy of that big storm that went through earlier this evening. Boom, whoosh, smash!

It doesn't get any handier than this, about half a dozen big branches landed right on and in front of woodstack area #1 here.....

attachment.php

Bonus pic..inspirational from pygmy swamp wookie..to be a good firewooder you have to have determination and focus....

attachment.php

I have to take that whole tree down..grumble...have to finish moving more stuff out of the way and then drop it between two trees uphill from it that I want to save. Most likely put a line on it for safety. Unfortunately it is sweetgum..or fortunately, whatever, lotta saw trigger time, gonna cut to size and noodle the entire thing. Proly around 3 cord in it if I milk it out good. It took a major serious lightning hit and, all gone, dried up. Not a single live leaf on it.

Just now catching up on my reading. Looks like you had a storm gift as well. :msp_smile: Ron

If no one said it yet, welcome to Arboristsite! :msp_smile:
Couple of nice areas to store wood, looks like easy access too. ;)

That little bit of wood lasts most of the winter up there?
I go through at least three chords a season here

She doesn't burn her wood burner too hard. She has a pellet stove up stairs to keep that well heated and uses her wood burner for keeping her pipes from freezing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Back