Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, watch it bud!:greenchainsaw: Where you been all week? I'll probably go back to work next Wednesday. I have my follow up Dr. appointment Tuesday afternoon, get the stiches out, and probably be released to go back to work.

Had to work this week, gonna be off for five in a row now though. :mad: (was only supposed to be three)

You'll have to let me know what the doc says, I was gonna see about riding up on Wednesday or Thursday.

I have some friends coming up for a cook out this weekend and I have to play Golf on Tuesday so I was gonna come up Wednesday or Thursday if your gonna still be off work.

I figured you'd be off for more than a few days for brain surgery :confused: Then again now that I think about it they really didn't have much to work on. :biggrinbounce2:

Let me know what the doc says.

I've been feeling great since they repaired the CSF leak. The hardest part has been holding myself down for a month like they want. And then yesterday came... I'm back in the hospital as of last night with an infection. Usually an infection will show within 7-10 days. It's been 24 days now for me. My ears all pushed out and the insicion's red and warm to the touch. The biggest concern would be if the fat they packed in there were infected. It's under the skull up next to the brain. They did a catscan last night and did not see any puss pocket so they're hoping it's more of a surface thing. They may yet do an MRI today just to make sure. They've got me on IV antibiotics and hope to send me back home Wednesday. Me and holidays just haven't gotten along well this summer. I was in here July 4 too. Oh well, I don't feel all that bad and they're not saying you're having surgery tonight, like last time, so it's not that bad. Someone go out and drop a 48" DBH tree for me and post some vids this evening:) You guys have a great holiday and enjoy yourselves. I'll have to be content to lay here and watch Gustav news.

Better careful to have it checked like you did :clap:
We'll watch the AS shop for ya when untill you get back !

PS. A belgian beer a day keeps the doctor away !!! (famous saying by Roland)...

Brad, I think we should cancel holidays for your benefit. Seems a fair trade to me...... Good luck getting this straightened out. I and many others are praying for your quick healing!

(I think the Mac can wait till you get back home...... :) )

Get well soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been feeling great since they repaired the CSF leak. The hardest part has been holding myself down for a month like they want. And then yesterday came... I'm back in the hospital as of last night with an infection. Usually an infection will show within 7-10 days. It's been 24 days now for me. My ears all pushed out and the incision red and warm to the touch. The biggest concern would be if the fat they packed in there were infected. It's under the skull up next to the brain. They did a cat scan last night and did not see any puss pocket so they're hoping it's more of a surface thing. They may yet do an MRI today just to make sure. They've got me on IV antibiotics and hope to send me back home Wednesday. Me and holidays just haven't gotten along well this summer. I was in here July 4 too. Oh well, I don't feel all that bad and they're not saying you're having surgery tonight, like last time, so it's not that bad. Someone go out and drop a 48" DBH tree for me and post some videos this evening:) You guys have a great holiday and enjoy yourselves. I'll have to be content to lay here and watch Gustav news.

WOW Brad.
You sure are having a Battle with this aint you. My Goodness. I'll have these parts I have for you packaged up later today, and sent off to you. Hopefully when you get back home, they will be waiting for you.
When you get felling a little better Brad, just package up what your going to send to me. That OK with Me. First we need to get you feeling better. I'm in No Hurry for those parts. Get well soon. Bruce.

Keep Fightin

Hi Brad
It must be real hard sometimes to stay positve,but I hope you can always dig a little deeper and keep strong.
Best wishes
Lawrence

Just remember the words the apostle Paul wrote "I can Do all things through Christ who strengthens me." No Matter what the outcome God is in control. He will give you the strength to deal with life's curve balls. Keep Your Faith.

You are in my familys prayers.

Well, I'm back home. They lanced and drained some "nice" stuff out of the incision area yesterday, confirming that there was indeed infection there near the surface. Unfortunately, that does not mean that it isn't in the fat down under the skull. Only time will tell. Fortunately, this was caught early. I've got a little drain hainging out of the incision that I will pull out Saturday. Of course I'm on some good antibiotics for a while. I've got my fingers crossed and am counting on the good Lords mercy. If it were to get in that fat, it's back to square one under the knife. Let's not go there.

Yes, I've fixed three saws in the few hours I've been home. A non running MS180 I bought on eBay has been cleaned up. It wouldn't start because it didn't have a choke rod!!!!!!!!!!!! Runs great. P&C look like new. The 045 Super ignition has been replaced and runs great. And my personal MS180 now has a fully adjustable carb. Man it's good to be home!!!!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks again for everyones prayers and kind words. I'm hoping I don't have to revive this thread again!

I'm glad all is well!! It sounds like you're really on a roll with repairing saws. When I was young, I was in the hospital for over a year. As you can guess, I was pretty close to gone but pulled out of it. The feeling of returning home after a thing like that will never be forgotten. BTW, I replaced the diaphragms and gaskets it the carb for the 08SE I was telling you about! She runs like a champ, I can't believe that's all it needed.

Back