Prayers wanted

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Time,time,time.

In a couple weeks you'll be thinking, well, it wasn't that bad. In a couple months you won't be able to remember as much of what happened. It'll all sort of blend together. In a year or so it won't seem nearly as bad as it does today.

At least that's been my experience with painful surgeries and recovery time.
Just gotta hang in there.

My Uncle went through similar problems and while I was too young at the time to remember it, I know he said the vertigo was horrible. I don't know what his treatment was, but he no longer suffers from it. He does wear a hearing aid in one ear from time to time.

Best of luck Brad, take your time, and LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR—unless your gut tells you they are wrong—then find another opinion.

Andy

I am sending my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!

Keep hoping, praying, and healing... it's keeps the devil on his heels... and we could all use a little help with that!

I'm laying in the hospital here in the UC Hospital on my BlackBerry. Things haven't gone so well today. My doc has done 2000 of these procedures and never knicked the dura which holds the brain fluid until today. They repaired it but are having to watch me closely. Its possible that they will have to go back in. Also I've had a lot of pain which isn't normal. I'd probably rate it a 8. On top of that I have extreme Vertigo if I try to move at all. I had to throw up a bunch to which scares me with the leak they made. Even in a normal case they don't want you blowing your nose! I can't even get up to use the restroom. So, please keep me in your prayers. I'm counting on them.

And yet he still post. :jawdrop: Oh, ya I see a speedy recovery coming for you my friend.:clap:

I'm feeling much better this morning. I haven't had any pain or nausia meds since last night. I even made it out into the hall for a few steps. I've still got pretty bad vertigo when I move and am really weak. Overall though, I'm majorly better than yesterday. I really appreciate all of your prayers and kind words. I consider you guys as friends.

Glad to see the improvment, Brad - and the feeling is mutual. Please keep us updated on your progess and start another restoration project asap - getting a little boring here since you finished the 08s. I'd like to see what you do with a Contra Lightening.

Glad to hear your doing better. If your as tenacious with your recovery as you are with restoring saws youll be on your feet in no time.:)

This may not be chainsaw related, but this is the only forum on AS I hang out in.

In January I was diagnosed with Meniers Disease. I never had a problem prior to Janaury. I've had several bouts of vertigo so severe I was basically unable to even walk. These episodes last about 5-6 hours. Along with this goes vomitting and other nice stuff. I also have significant hearing loss in my left ear from this. The worst is that I never feel very good any more. It's a pain being only 39 years old and just wanting to lay around a lot of the time. That's not my style. OK, here's some cheese to go with my whine:)

I'm having surgery 7:30 in the morning. They're putting in a Endolymphatic shunt. This requires cutting behind the ear, pealing it forward, going through the skull down to the lining of the brain and putting a shunt in the Endolymphatic Sac. This is done to relieve excess inner ear pressure thought to be the cause of the problems. It has a 75% sucess rate. I'm praying for the best. The surgery is about 2 hours long and I'll be in the hospital overnight. I plan on going home Friday.

Anyway, I just thought I'd finally let my internet friends know what's going on and ask you to keep me and the surgeon in your prayers. Thanks guys.

Just checking up on you to see how you are feeling this morning. I've been thinking of you ans yours most of the night, so I thought I'd better check on you to see how things went ovcer night. Take good care.
Bruce.

I'm feeling much better this morning. I haven't had any pain or nausia meds since last night. I even made it out into the hall for a few steps. I've still got pretty bad vertigo when I move and am really weak. Overall though, I'm majorly better than yesterday. I really appreciate all of your prayers and kind words. I conside you guys as friends.

GREAT NEWS. Glad to hear you are doing so much better. Hope each day finds you getting better and better.

I'm feeling much better this morning. I haven't had any pain or nausea meds since last night. I even made it out into the hall for a few steps. I've still got pretty bad vertigo when I move and am really weak. Overall though, I'm majorly better than yesterday. I really appreciate all of your prayers and kind words. I consider you guys as friends.

Glad to hear that you are feeling a little better this morning. We are not just as friends, we are more like Family, like Brothers and Sisters sharing the same Passion, working with chain saws.
Bruce

Thinking of you Brad...

Dear Brad, Sorry but I've been away from the computer for a couple of days. I am very sympathetic for you as I have bouts with the inner ear as well. Folks who have not experienced it just can't imagine how debilitating it can be.

I do hope that it will continue to go well for you and we will remember you in prayer.

Mark 10:27 "...with God all things are possible".

Mark H

Hang in there Brad. You are amazing for posting so soon after the surgery, esp with the complications. I'm glad you are feeling better. Some of it could have been anaesthesia reaction, too. Tough time, but know we are praying and rooting for your full quick recovery.

Glad to see the improvment, Brad - and the feeling is mutual. Please keep us updated on your progess and start another restoration project asap - getting a little boring here since you finished the 08s. I'd like to see what you do with a Contra Lightening.

I'd love to do an old Lightening, Contra, or 090. They're just so crazy expensive.

Brad It took a lot of guts to post your situation but we are here for you and do not let anything break your spirit! I know it will be a tough time for you, but hang in there and when it gets hard just post a message and we will try to cheer you up. I would just fight to do what I wanted and live every day to the max and when it gets hard just think of a good childhood memory and keep yourself busy when you can. I also have realised that when it comes to hobbys and it gets expensive I would rather be in debt and loving my hobby than being bored! so port a saw when you feel up to it and I will track down a nice 066 and I can't really afford it but I am going to continue my saw mods in my spare time. Peace and I wish you well. I will say a prayer for you my friend and I hope all goes well for you in the future. huskydave out Keep your chain sharp and your nose to the grindstone.

I am just getting updated on your progress. Keep the faith, man! God surely hears and answers prayer...but it's in His time and His way. I'll be continuing to remember you in prayer.

Kevin

Back