price between 365 and 562 worth the extra money

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been saving for a new saw and was wondering if the $100 or so price difference is really worth the money for the 562. If I get the 365 I can port and polish it and do the muffler myself pretty easy, but the 562xp im not so sure of. It looks like a really nice saw and feels pretty light. It is a much more complicated saw, so im not sure what to think about it. Also im not sure how much harder it will be to mode since its so new. Anyway just wondering what everyone thing . thanks in advance
jason

I my humble opinion...if your a young pro..no. The 365 is a better deal. If your an old fart, the anti vib on the 562 might sway things....Not certain which wll use less fuel and if the difference is significant enough to factor in. Just an opinion. For me if i had to pick from a 555 and 365...because I'm old and things hurt, I'd pick the 555. (Plus I have a pile of back up saws should a young model need debugging) Might pick the 562 as well....not certain yet. I think that 365 is a sleeper.

(BTW, I haven't seen any offering from any company that can match that 365 in a pure price performance comparison...period, better grab them before Husqvarna figures out there is a price mis match)

Last edited:
I went through the same debate just a couple of weeks ago. In the end I could not justify the extra $200 for the 562 when the 365XT has more grunt and is the same damn saw as a 372. Now I just have to wait till the warranty runs out to really opener up and make it a full blown 372.

More grunt? Thats only if ya grind away the restrictor plates them the 365 will br just like the 372. However, you would really be suprised at how close the 562 was with my stock xpw (75cc). Those autotune saws are very,very strong. Also, a man looks in the right places and theres no 200 dollar difference in price either. Just sayin is all....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I guess it just depends what ya want. Unless I were gonna get the 2166 or 365xt and remove the restrictor plates then i would get the 562xp. Btw, its a lot stronger than the 555.

I guess it just depends what ya want. Unless I were gonna get the 2166 or 365xt and remove the restrictor plates then i would get the 562xp. Btw, its a lot stronger than the 555.

I haven't run any of the saws in this thread, but if you're worried about dollars, there are great deals out there on the old edition 365's. I love my old 2065 Jonny and its probably the saw I would keep if I had to go to just one saw. Those saws were always the best bang for the buck going.

I haven't run any of the saws in this thread, but if you're worried about dollars, there are great deals out there on the old edition 365's. I love my old 2065 Jonny and its probably the saw I would keep if I had to go to just one saw. Those saws were always the best bang for the buck going.

I bet they are.

I was debating the same saw's myself and the thought of a new 372 for the price won this decision for me:rock:. I put a few buck's down on the 365 when I bought my 395!

your suspicions are correct as follows according to husqvarna's list price's.

part no. 522 52 08-01 zama C1M-EL44 CARB $120.16

And that doesn't include the AT unit, just the carb :msp_ohmy:

read in a thread the other day that the 2 year warranty was gone and it was only 90 day warranty now. any truth to this?

Ive never had a warranty issue with any saw Ive ever bought. Ive never really worried about warranty anyways. Especially if ya port the saw, besides, theres enough know how on this site to fix anything wrong with a chainsaw.:rock:

Ive never had a warranty issue with any saw Ive ever bought. Ive never really worried about warranty anyways. Especially if ya port the saw, besides, theres enough know how on this site to fix anything wrong with a chainsaw.:rock:

i dont really care about the warranty either. i havent bought a new saw since '06. just fixed or rebuilt a couple rather than buy new!

I don't plan on doing the transfer plates to make it a 372 until after the warranty is expired. Also, the dealer told me that all XP saws only have a 90 warranty, all others are still full 2 year.

I don't plan on doing the transfer plates to make it a 372 until after the warranty is expired. Also, the dealer told me that all XP saws only have a 90 warranty, all others are still full 2 year.

I believe thats because the xp saws are for pro use. A lot more demanding and stressful on a saw. " I think thats why anyways"....

The 365 is definatly more in my radar right now 562 for me right now. JUst what my gut instinct is telling me and the older I get the more I have learned to follow it. I think im gonna pull the trigger in two weeks after I get payed for a recent job. Ill let the 562 prove itself a little more then it already has and see how well aftermarket parts follow the saw to.
jason

365 vs 562

The 365 is definatly more in my radar right now 562 for me right now. JUst what my gut instinct is telling me and the older I get the more I have learned to follow it. I think im gonna pull the trigger in two weeks after I get payed for a recent job. Ill let the 562 prove itself a little more then it already has and see how well aftermarket parts follow the saw to.
jason
why not run both saws at a dealer ?

XP warranty is 6 months. That is because it's intended for the professional end user. Pro's put more hours on a saw in 6 months than nearly any homeowner will in 2 years. I have seen maybe 2 warranty claims pertaining to chainsaws in the past 2 years. Homeowner saws with very simple faults that could have happened to anyone, and the issue made itself known by the third use of the saw. Not engine related. I wouldn't really worry about the warranty on a saw purchase from Husqvarna. It's nice to have, but I really wouldn't worry about it.

I sell lots of saws and also do the waranty. Don't worry about it like was said a true warrenty claim is hard to come by the saws are tuff as nails. I also get dealer pricing on my saws so price is not an factor. I also get to run any saw that i would like. All that in mind I receintly bought a 555, and 562xp ive used both for a few hours of cutting and glad they were my new toys. Good luck on you pick.

The carbs on the new auto tunes are pricey but I did find a carb kit the other day. Sorry i cant remember the number but the price was under $15. I did not need one but i was thinking about the price like lots of other guys.

More grunt? Thats only if ya grind away the restrictor plates them the 365 will br just like the 372. However, you would really be suprised at how close the 562 was with my stock xpw (75cc). Those autotune saws are very,very strong. Also, a man looks in the right places and theres no 200 dollar difference in price either. Just sayin is all....

This is true, and I speak from experience.

Latest posts

Back