Price check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdavlee

Tree Freak
Reaction score
I'm wanting a couple trees topped that I don't have room to drop in my yard. I've got quotes from $5-900 to get these 2 down low enough so I can fall them and sell the logs. Is the price inline with what most are charging? One is a poplar that I want topped below the fork and the other is the sycamore in the center. I need the top 25' or so out of it. I figured I would ask you guys that do it for a living.

ady8unad.jpg

u5uquber.jpg

pyzude2a.jpg

Nothing there of value for logs.

I'm wanting a couple trees topped that I don't have room to drop in my yard. I've got quotes from $5-900 to get these 2 down low enough so I can fall them and sell the logs. Is the price inline with what most are charging? One is a poplar that I want topped below the fork and the other is the sycamore in the center. I need the top 25' or so out of it. I figured I would ask you guys that do it for a living.

ady8unad.jpg

u5uquber.jpg

pyzude2a.jpg

Even if they were not yard trees.

If they are topping and removing or chipping the brush the higher end seems more then fair. If they are topping and leaving everything then the lower end is a good deal and the higher is fair considering some rigging will be involved.

I can send our local uninsured Mexican your way. He'll probably do it for a hundred bucks! He will just throw on his spikes with no lanyard, harness or life line and get those babys topped out for ya!

I'm doing all the cleanup and brush removal. They're just going to top them for me so I can drop them at my leisure.

The quotes you have are within range. Hard to tell from the pics but even a novice climber should be able to down them in a few hours. Check their insurance ( call the provider and make sure what they are doing is covered ) and go with the cheapest.

The quotes you have are within range. Hard to tell from the pics but even a novice climber should be able to down them in a few hours. Check their insurance ( call the provider and make sure what they are doing is covered ) and go with the cheapest.

If the equipment wasn't so high I would do them myself. I figured they were pretty straight forward to top. I'm going to have a bobcat on site to remove the wood and brush.

Just to put the tops on the ground I'd say no more than $500. If chipping and hauling, I'd say $750. If I were removing them both completely, minus stumps, I'd be in the neighborhood of $1000-1200.

They are around 80' and the trunks are a little over 20". I'm trying to open my yard up and get more sunlight in. I've cut 5 down in the past few weeks. I'm going to get the stumps ground when I finish with all the trees.

$500 is a fair price to drop the tops. If you have more confidence in another company for a little more then go for it. Looks pretty simple overall for a qualified Arborist.

To knock the tops out looks fairly uncomplicated and free of too many ground targets. If you take reasonably sized pieces, you won't even have to rig it. But that's just what it looks like from here. Whether or not rigging is required would greatly affect my price.

Latest posts

Back