Price hike on the new 291

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachsmo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Stopped by the Stihl Dealer yesterday and he told me when the supply of 290s run out the 291 will be priced $100 more.

He said he didn't understand it, but thought there are plenty of 290s still in the pipeline.

That figures, when I first looked at a Dolmar 7900, could get PHO for around $550 if memory serves.

Now it's $825 with 24"bar and chain (Dealer said he can't sell PHO any more)

Stopped by the Stihl Dealer yesterday and he told me when the supply of 290s run out the 291 will be priced $100 more.

He said he didn't understand it, but thought there are plenty of 290s still in the pipeline.

That figures, when I first looked at a Dolmar 7900, could get PHO for around $550 if memory serves.

Now it's $825 with 24"bar and chain (Dealer said he can't sell PHO any more)

The MS290 isn't going to be discontinued for YEARS, the MS291 is available now and is 100$ more than the MS290. But it's not even comparable, it's far and away a better saw, and even better than the MS280 for the same money.

Dolmar up until a year or 2 ago was selling 7900's for next to nothing, to get their place in the market. But they weren't making enough money to keep doing that. Now the 7900 is retailing for 879$ PHO, that's right from the Dolmar distributor's website. And it's still a good value for the money, but it's not the screaming deal it was a coup;e years ago.

Latest posts

Back