Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even start an ms170 like he starts that 661. Ok...back to your thread. Sorry.

Man my 660 is making a nice dry sound in the bottom end and the crank now has a little play in it. I guess 19 months worth of big timber killed it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

19 months of big timber??
I'd say somebody got their moneys worth....

a bottom end rebuild on an 066? case of beer and $75 bucks worth of seals and bearings....
done in a day if said beer is applied spaciously...

throw a set of rings and a piston in her for another $50??? go cut for another 19 months for almost free....

yup Id say that's a saw to throw away. freekin junk....

My 661 is 8 months old and has had two solenoids so far. When they go bad they get hard to start and won't open to WFO. Sloppy on the trigger coming off idle to.

Brad the stumble that saw had coming off idle is from the solenoid.

@porsche965

PN 1144 430 1010 - $30

19 months of big timber??
I'd say somebody got their moneys worth....

a bottom end rebuild on an 066? case of beer and $75 bucks worth of seals and bearings....
done in a day if said beer is applied spaciously...

throw a set of rings and a piston in her for another $50??? go cut for another 19 months for almost free....

yup Id say that's a saw to throw away. freekin junk....
+1

44 loads a week for 19 months. I'm sold.

There's some defined obsolescence necessary in products. You did quite well AFAIC.

I'm not complaining at all about the length of time the saw lasted at all. I tortured it.

I think keeping the chain sharp all the time and and not getting crazy with the rakers helped with the life of this saw. It's at the doctor now. Said he's going to put a thinner gasket under the jug. The same guy spilt and rebuilt a 660 for me 2 years ago and to this day it's our strongest running most reliable saw in the fleet. In fact it's the oldest saw we have that's in the woods everyday and I'd trust it way more than my 661.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back