Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens if you just toss the pucks ? does fuel pool in the voids ?
With the flap/lip I don't see the need for the washers. My guess is, if you pull hard on the handle, the gap may open up and some fuel would get in there. As soon as you move the saw around, the fuel would dump into the intake port causing the saw to stall or almost stall.

what the "straight" boot looks like and part # (I bought funky's 661...that is how I have it)

1144/02A
9274-11

sl47s3.jpg

2d96654.jpg

brad when you replace a part are u clearing that fault in the controller with the computer hardware dgm ?

I'm playing with a few saws from the dealer and once you clear it they run fine

Well isnt recalibrating clearing or reset control unit the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone needs to come up with a programmable MDG, so that an individual could choose his own values inputted to a particular saw.

This would take porting to the next level.

This will come in time just like on auto's and trucks , it's still a pretty new technology with saws .

I recall the early days with the cars when I was pulling wrenches, lots of problems and poor diagnostic methods but that has changed for the better thankfully .

Got the saw back last week. The put a new controller on it. I can get 3 tanks through it then it goes to junk no power. What the heck is it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Got the saw back last week. The put a new controller on it. I can get 3 tanks through it then it goes to junk no power. What the heck is it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Ya must be damn frustated!! Wressle it out with your dealer untill you get what you deserve for your hard earned monies. l must say these new saws 'if' they have issues seem to go back and forth between customer and dealer more than any other OPE. Hope you find the magic solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back