Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the saw back last week. The put a new controller on it. I can get 3 tanks through it then it goes to junk no power. What the heck is it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Consistently 3 tanks...then poor performance? Shut down, then does it repeat the next day? If so, heat is your problem. Electronics are becoming heat soaked and things are going south. Carb control and coil - that's all you have to go after.

Thing is they put a new carb on it. And a coil was put on it about 4 weeks after I bought it. I'm too the point now where I just want rid of the heap of trash. The stupid shop doesn't even have any logs to test it in.

Checked in my new mediacat and there is a supersession to the new part number posted above but to TI explaining it which is a bit odd. Don't know whether to order one and replace it under warranty before it possibly causes an issue

Checked in my new mediacat and there is a supersession to the new part number posted above but to TI explaining it which is a bit odd. Don't know whether to order one and replace it under warranty before it possibly causes an issue
Are you talking about the intake boot part number Brad listed ?
I ordered one from my dealer last week.

The saga continues... They want to check the rate of flow into the carb. They are as frustrated as I am as well.

I am beginning to think maybe when i was told Dolmar had an auto-tune but couldnt get it to function correctly on US gas so they havent released it that they might have been telling the truth. I had chalked that rumor up as BS but seems there may have been a grain of truth to it.

Take out ur good old saw and cut a couple logs for them to keep for test runs then they will have no reason to say it runs fine after they get it warmed up and workin
Thing is they put a new carb on it. And a coil was put on it about 4 weeks after I bought it. I'm too the point now where I just want rid of the heap of trash. The stupid shop doesn't even have any logs to test it in.

I might just do that.

Evedently they called stihl raised Kane. They are replacing the intake boot and the fuel switch that controls the flow into the carb. George at stihl Virgina beech says that they are seeing more and more trouble with them. This time when they plugged it in it showed that it was running really rich. Seems to me that with this electronic garbage you replace parts until something works because they don't know how to diagnose it because the system is smarter than the stihl techs. I think the m tronic stuff for a production cutter should be replaced after a year of use unless your a gambler..........

uploadfromtaptalk1442013103954.jpg They are certainly 100% genuine tree killing 660s. Animals to run. They both get about a gallon and a half of fuel through them a day, and never back down or get tired like the 661.

So I got my 661 back today . new controller and intake boot although mice didn't have the washers in they stihl corp. Told them to change it. Holy cow poop it took long enough to get back..... It's kinda funny that if you go raise Kane sometimes and don't get out of hand and just prove your point it sometimes helps. The saw had been there almost 3 weeks and we are about there biggest customer in the logging business. I went in Friday and simply stated that I though it was a very poor representation of a stihl product and that it was bs that it took nearly 3 weeks to get the parts...... And this was I think the 5 time or so it's been in the shop since March........ Heck idk I forget how many times. Hopefully it's good this time, I'm going to give it normal torture on Monday and see if it can hack it. Fingers crossed.

My intake has been on back-order for 4 weeks now.
I usually get anything in a week, back-order is usually 2 weeks

I don't care if it's on stock or not. When they wanted to swap parts before to fix the problem they took them off a new saw. Why didn't they think to do that 3weeks ago when they saw the part was on back order. That's water under the bridge at this time......... Hopefully

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back