Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no remorse for stihl at this point. A 7 month old saw should not be in the shop.... Let alone this many times. I don't know why they haven't just replaced the whole saw. It's been all warranty work so it's cost me nothing but my dealer has lots of man hours invested.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have no remorse for stihl at this point. A 7 month old saw should not be in the shop.... Let alone this many times. I don't know why they haven't just replaced the whole saw. It's been all warranty work so it's cost me nothing but my dealer has lots of man hours invested.

My Dealer would have had a new saw in my hands on round 2.

Hell I'll know by the 3rd tank. By the end of the second one it'll have a hesitation when you squeeze the throttle. By halfway through the third tank you'll want to lay it on the notch of the tree and let nature take care of it.

we are 20 years behind you guys on a lot of things, but for something like this we have consumer laws that make it possible to justtake it back, get you money refunded or a new saw if its defective, problematic, doesn't do what its suppose to or unfit for use. don't you have such consumer protection for items like this, i know you have similar lemon laws for motor vehicles?
Ta

I think most of there problem is that it's a brand new model and they don't even know how to fix it. There new fancy computer is to dumb to help too. But hey it's still better than a husky or dolmar. Fact is they all break at one time or another.

I think most of there problem is that it's a brand new model and they don't even know how to fix it. There new fancy computer is to dumb to help too. But hey it's still better than a husky or dolmar. Fact is they all break at one time or another.

push to get a new saw, your a professional & its costing you time & money & your not a guinea pig for something that doesn't work properly

That's next. If they won't I'll take all our business somewhere else. I understand our business doesn't keep them in businesses but we pay our account off monthly and send a pile of business there way. I hate the thought of finding another dealer cause I like these people. They are good people... Kinda seems like there hands are tied by stihl... I could be wrong but it sure seems to be that way.

That's next. If they won't I'll take all our business somewhere else. I understand our business doesn't keep them in businesses but we pay our account off monthly and send a pile of business there way. I hate the thought of finding another dealer cause I like these people. They are good people... Kinda seems like there hands are tied by stihl... I could be wrong but it sure seems to be that way.

maybe you just have to go up the food chain further & start every conversation with " the saw is stuffed, its been worked on X amount of times with still no fix" end the conversation with "I want a new saw"
tanks

their hands are tied by stihl to a certain extent. It is still in their control to hand you a new saw at their cost and deal with reimbursement from stihl on their time not yours.

Tell your Dealer that you will write your State's Attorney General's office and also send a letter to Stihl Germany. Don't worry about those Germans reading English, they are quite good at it. Tell your Dealer that way it is out of your hands and the State of Pa. will take care of it for both of you.

I've done this with other manufacturers and on other consumer products and things begin happening pretty quick.

well...................what's the verdict? is it fixed?

Well I went in and gave it to them and the owner him hawed around said he had to called stihl. I asked if I was getting a new saw now his words were " I'm not giving you a new saw ". I looked at him and said OK and turned around and left. Talked to my boss and he called in and said new saw or out money back and we'll take all our business elsewhere. At about 10 till 5 I got a call to come in and pick up a new saw. When the owner of the shop called me he asked what oil ratio we are running and I told him 40:1. He stated that it was bad for these modern saws and it carbons them up to much. I just agreed because I didn't want to argue. It's a shame that you can go to the same dealer for years and and always pay your account bill on time and in full and have to put up with getting the run around.

Well I went in and gave it to them and the owner him hawed around said he had to called stihl. I asked if I was getting a new saw now his words were " I'm not giving you a new saw ". I looked at him and said OK and turned around and left. Talked to my boss and he called in and said new saw or out money back and we'll take all our business elsewhere. At about 10 till 5 I got a call to come in and pick up a new saw. When the owner of the shop called me he asked what oil ratio we are running and I told him 40:1. He stated that it was bad for these modern saws and it carbons them up to much. I just agreed because I didn't want to argue. It's a shame that you can go to the same dealer for years and and always pay your account bill on time and in full and have to put up with getting the run around.

I am not even sure what to say to that....:dumb:. Any other decent dealers nearby? I am sure you have dealt with this dealer for so long and put up with this for a reason but maybe its time

All the other dealers suck. I'm just going to start going back to the Amish guy that used to be a logger that sells stihl. He's about an hour away but he has every part you'd ever need and if he didn't have it he's got it on a beat saw . and his labor is $10.00 an hour.

My Niece's soon to be husband is an Arborist. Been at it for ten years now, no stranger to saws or upkeep.

Bought a brand new 661.... two weeks and it seized. Dealer called Stihl, they promptly replaced it.

New saw has been running good so far. Not sure if it was a fluke or left over teething problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back