Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a shame that there's some trouble with the saw because when it works it's everything you want for a timber saw. O well. I still have a 660 and an 066 that I'll keep till they are junk.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I guess if your gonna do it you might as well do it rite
2a849bae299ba20b82d7443835283c40.jpg

I was with the boss today wrapping up a few loose ends...... Down payment on another skidder looking at jobs. Getting a new 661....... And after we left the dealer my boss said "wow they act like it's your fault the saw is screwed up". He sees why I'm done putting anything on our account with them from today on. Any of you guys run those total super bars ??

I've found a new dealer.... Heck never quit buying from him. Just sucks he's an hour away.

O yea. These m tronic saws seem to wake up after about tank 6. Game on after that.

Have you noticed that there seems to almost be a switch that flips at some point, releasing significantly more power? I don't put enough consistent time on a saw to experience this, but have been told by others. What's your experience?

Yep. They just decide to turn on. It's neat.

I find that very interesting. It makes me wonder what kinds of things they might have programmed into MTronic that we'll never know about. A gradual and moderate improvement in power might be attributed to break-in. A sudden marked improvement in power almost has to be programmed in, at least in my mind. Husky has an hour meter. It wouldn't be difficult at all to program changes in the tune after x amount of time. @porsche965

Riddle me this...... We got a brand new 661 2 weeks ago.......... I forget the DOM but I think it was like 9 14. I got my replacement on Wednesday morning and it's DOM is 4 15. Mine has the new straight intake boot the other has the rib around the middle. When did they do the switch? Also the gunning sights on the side cover of the older saw are only painted black on the vertical lines not the horizontal lines.

Just got a ton of parts from the Stihl dealer ................ that straight intake boot for mine is still on back order :nofunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back