Problematic MS661

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral corner guys ........................
I fixxed my 661 problems.
Lets see if we can get another to repeat this before we all have visions of grandour

BRAD ............ did that filter show up yet ??
I hope the mail dude runs ;)

I have not tried it ,but if i remember right in redbulls testing ,his test saw ran the best at 50 to 1 .i am just throwing this out there ,maybe the m-tronic is not happy with more oil .

well my testing shows it makes most power with huge openings on small logs and falls behind on large logs. I'm not going to pretend to understand why . But it does. And the fact is, is that you haven't THOROUGHLY tested it on large logs. So your statement of it makes the most power is somewhat false.

Which is why I know my muff modded 661 could get damn close to your ported 661 on a 36" bar 3 back to back cuts on a big ass log. But once you fix the imbalance...

1. the imbalance is the problem with your saw
2. max power = finding the right degree of opening up...that is hard and requires a lot of testing.

what you want to do is, say these mods are good enough and then tune the saw for the mods. The saw is tuning itself ideally all the time...you can't just say these mods are good enough. You have to actually FIND good mods that work with the ideal tune that the saw is finding. ...not what you THINK is good.
I deleted my other posts. I have one question for you. Why? Why the blatant accusations, totally unfounded I might add?

Furthermore, your "test" have shown little to nothing that has any bearing at all on a saw like this. And if you really think your MMd 661 could hold a candle to this ported 661, well, you must be blind. This saw will hold 12,500+ with a 36" bar buried in wood.

I deleted my other posts. I have one question for you. Why? Why the blatant accusations, totally unfounded I might add?

Furthermore, your "test" have shown little to nothing that has any bearing at all on a saw like this. And if you really think your MMd 661 could hold a candle to this ported 661, well, you must be blind. This saw will hold 12,500+ with a 36" bar buried in wood.

hold a candle to your ported 661 - my challenge stands. I will lose by less than 10% to your "ported" 661 as it is right now with your gutted muffler and stock air filter....if not win. your choice of 36" bar , your choice of chain, your choice of gas and oil. 34-36" Hardwood, 3 back to back cuts no rest. Time each one and take the total time.

why??? you do little testing to come up with what you say is the best. then you charge people money!

Proved all you name calling adolescents wrong before with H1R. I'll do it again against brad's "ported" 661.

nah u come here. i actually have big wood to cut and test on. and im always paying for stuff, putting in countless hours. About time you put up some time, effort and money.

Red Bull, you are seriously delusional. The only thing you have done it's WASTE money! When I consider all your family savings that you've wasted, on tests that have proven little to nothing, I just shake my head in amazement. You act like you've given so much for this site, yet I ask myself what? Dude, you are still learning how to just run a saw. That nullifies any test results you may have. But what have you shown us? That one bar runs 20° hotter than another? Who cares? Seriously! Trust me, I will not be coming your way to prove anything. I don't need to. Seriously man, you need to see a shrink.

What kind of gas are you running in the 661 and how many tanks have been ran through it?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Brad, you can try and marginalize me all you want but I've tested more and shown more solid results than you've dreamed of. My tests aren't specifically for this site. I share them/post them, yes. But, I'm not out to prove anything to anyone except myself. If they help others...awesome. But, I'm not foolish enough to think that, that many people care about my tests. ...and when I'm done testing, I'll walk away, and you'll still be here, spreading what you "THINK makes sense" and still be taking people's money with your screamers.

You said I was a moron, stupid, delusional, retarded and a few other choice names, when I said I would challenge a ported 661 on 32:1 h1r. I did my home work on that and proved ya all wrong.

I've done my home work on your 661...

It would be close.

and your just scared, I'll be right again. :)

hold a candle to your ported 661 - my challenge stands. I will lose by less than 10% to your "ported" 661 as it is right now with your gutted muffler and stock air filter....if not win. your choice of 36" bar , your choice of chain, your choice of gas and oil. 34-36" Hardwood, 3 back to back cuts no rest. Time each one and take the total time.

why??? you do little testing to come up with what you say is the best. then you charge people money!

Proved all you name calling adolescents wrong before with H1R. I'll do it again against brad's "ported" 661.

You proved nothing with your tests, and have mostly ignored the advice of those with decades of experience. This shows true immaturity and stubbornness. Even then I still appreciate your efforts, however misguided they are.

Red Bull, just go away. You suffer from delusions of grandeur worse than anyone I've ever seen.

Your testing methodology is so full of holes and assumptions it's not even funny. The sad thing is, you don't even know it, even when told clearly, you can't see it.

BTW, you haven't proven ANYTHING. Quit running your mouth, wasting your money on meaningless tests, and I'll show you what a ported 661 runs like. Put you're money where your mouth is. Your the one with all the delusional talk. Either SHUT UP or put up!!!

Site terms of use: #2.Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
For those of you that don't know what's going on here, RB is just a little cry baby because I showed him his pathetic testing methodology and wouldn't port his saw for free.

In the beginning, I tried to support RB. As time went on, it became more and more clear that he didn't have a clue what he was doing. Yet, I tried to stay cordial. He asked me multiple times over a course of months to port his saw. But, because he can't run a saw, I wasn't willing to port his saw unless there was actually something in it for me. I told him I'd port his saw IF HE had it tested on a dyno both before and after the porting, knowing that his testing proved nothing. When the dyno couldn't be done, he got all butt hurt that I wouldn't port his saw for free. (Yes, this is same guy begged me to port his saw, repeatedly) He had the audacity to start a thread and tried to call me out as a liar, just as he'll do again as soon as I post this. Of course, the gloves came off at this point. Here he is again today, slinging mud, making false accusations, and still trying to convince us that we should value a 5° difference in bar temps, lol. This guy is pathetic. Instead of lashing out like a child, you should go learn how to listen to a saw and hold it in its optimal RPM instead trying to find a chain that will do it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back