Processor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You posted that you sell 200 cord per year @ 135 per cord and your cost is 75% of your gross. That leaves you with less than 7 grand in profit.

If you didn't live at home you might find it hard to get by on 7000 dollars per year. I am sure at 18 you must have many years of business experience but you might want to look at ways to improve your bottom line just a tad.

I think you have proven my point that firewood is a lot of work for not much profit - enough said.

:stupid:
Did i miss something? i thought we were both saying that there was no money in cuttin wood? but that with a processor its much easier than by hand. because i dont handle the wood with my hands.

i'm charging 150 per cord. Cost is 75% and your right, that dosnt leave me with much.

I've been doing this for 4 years, it was a good part time job while i was in school. I have over 85k dollars worth of equiptment and automobiles at 18. i figure i've done good so far. But as for a job with a man with a family you'd have to sell thousands of cords that you cannot depend on loggers to bring you. Thats why you have to have a skidder to cut and skid your own logs and a place to cut them.

yeah, i gross ~30k dollars in firewood alone a year, and yeah i net about 25% of that but when it only takes a month to cut this working 5 days a week you really cant complain.

This is only a supplement income. We raise turkeys and cattle on the farm. It just keeps me with enough money to buy fuel and old car parts.

nuff said :deadhorse:

I wouldn't waste your time with that machine. You could do better with a good sawand splitter. You will fall asleep waiting for that thing.

Scott

I have seen some pretty amazing home made ones on youtube... someone that was fairly handy could make one... and I agree the one I posted about on ebay is slow and clunky... but I am sure someone could modify things... to tweak it... If I remember the original post was he was looking for something to do with firewood.. but cant do the hard work anymore... Yeah a commercially built processor is a production machine... but you pay for that. it sounds like he was looking for something to help with the back breaking part... like I said before it was just a thought.

Latest posts

Back