Pro's using Husky saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a LOT of YouTube videos of Pro's, good ones at that it seems, using Home Depot saws (Huskies). I always thought all the pro's laughed at these saws and called them "big boxes"? I'm not trying to stir up and stuff, but I really thought I'd see a lot more Stihls and Jonsereds than big box saws, I find it both funny and strange...

:confused:

The Husqvarna XP range are powerful professional saws and they can't be purchased at Home Depot. They are brand choice for a lot of people the 372xp and 392xp are powerful saws often used for logging. Stihl also manufacture a domestic range of lower powered saws, which are aimed at householders but cannot be purchased at Home Depot either because the sale, and maintenance of Sthil saws is franchised. I hope this helps.

Better grow a little hide, son. And work on your sense of humor a bit, too. There's a wealth of information available on AS and some of the finest people I've ever met.

But it ain't the Cub Scouts. If you say something dumb, even in complete innocense, you're going to get pounded. Take the pounding, because there's always instruction involved in it, learn from it and go on.

And stick around...it gets better. :cheers:
OHOH somebdy woke the grumpy old Oger run for your life

I aint no chainsaw mechanic or nothin, but I've always heard that the porting and carburetion on the xp huskies and high end stihls is totally different than the cheaper homeowner models.

The guys in the chainsaw forum would know for a fact.

jomoco

OHOH somebdy woke the grumpy old Oger run for your life

Hey Brian, Madsens called...they're having a sale on "accessories". Pick me up three boxes of files, some bar oil, some leather boot laces...and a couple of 460s will you please? I'll pay you back as soon as the log check comes in. ;)

You know it's retarded to constantly hear "what the pros use" because the ONLY thing that separates a "pro" from an "amateur" is that the "pro" does it for a living. Doesn't mean they know more about it or do it better or use better equipment.... just that they decided to do it for a living. I always read "95% of professionals use Stihl" and in my area that's bull####. I see Redmax mostly and they're closely followed by Husqvarna. Nuff said... Later!

You know it's retarded to constantly hear "what the pros use" because the ONLY thing that separates a "pro" from an "amateur" is that the "pro" does it for a living. Doesn't mean they know more about it or do it better or use better equipment.... just that they decided to do it for a living. I always read "95% of professionals use Stihl" and in my area that's bull####. I see Redmax mostly and they're closely followed by Husqvarna. Nuff said... Later!
Yea right on buddy why would a guy that cuts as much in a week as most do in a year know anything about reliablity of diff saws why would he care if saw breaks down he can just enjoy some time off to relax and take it easy. To bad with all that time runnin a saw they couldnt learn at least one trick to be able to cut a little better than joe weekender, I am sure my neighbor who just bought the infomas 290 could easily go up in the hills and be a production cutter no problem. Yep ya nailed these big mouth know it alls. Cut on man.
This has to be one of the silliest posts i have read my politeness limits me to saying that.

I see a LOT of YouTube videos of Pro's, good ones at that it seems, using Home Depot saws (Huskies). I always thought all the pro's laughed at these saws and called them "big boxes"? I'm not trying to stir up and stuff, but I really thought I'd see a lot more Stihls and Jonsereds than big box saws, I find it both funny and strange...

:confused:

Was this thread started in jest, or was it a serious question?

Oh well, this stuff seems to happen every winter...

I think that this is a fair question. There are those of us who do not eat sleep and breath chainsaws (the horror). The Lowes Husqvarna saws are considered homeowner units (so are the Echo units). The parts that they use are not on par with those of the extra power professional Husky saws. I am not sure if Husky shot themselves in the foot for doing this or not, obviosly Stihl is playing to the mom n' pop shop saw which I like. I love my old Husky saws. But when I was cleaning my air filter on my (expensive) 346xp I saw that the carb was made in China. That really pissed me off. For some reason I had assumed that because I had bought an xp saw I would be getting something not made in China. Its still a good little saw, but that clinched it. I am a Stihl man now.

BTW, Jonsered saws are made in Sweden by the Husqvarna folks.

Lots of Stihls use Chinese Zama carbs as well......

those are on Stihls too.

Heres a picture of the Chinese Husqvarna 346xp. Hey if you like Chinese stuff, by all means buy it, I am not going to anymore.

the saw was made in Sweden though.i have one and it's excellent.

my first new saw i ever bought was a 55 rancher from Lowe's.still us it all the time,great saw.i run all Huskies except for top handles and pole saws,those are Stihl.most pro guys around here use Huskies for everything except climbing saws.i know more guys here that run Dolmar than run Stihl for more than a climbing saw.not saying Stihl is bad but everyone hates the fuel and oil caps and the 441.MS 361 is a great saw,as is the 044,440,660,084,880.

Most logging towns will have a saw shop with a respected mechanic. The brand of saw he prefers to work on is the brand you want to run.

Well certainly since I made this post, I've nearned a lot about the XP model, does look like an awesome saw. Based on the youtube videos, it's like all they use in Austrailia.

Latest posts

Back