Purchasing a firewood saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manyhobies: I have an old Stihl Farm Boss as a backup saw.

I stopped in at one of the larger Husky dealers about an hour from home after a job yesterday. Demoed both the 555 and the 562xp. Both are sweet, but...the 562 really rips. The dealer indicated that the 562 has a 2yr warranty if its being used non-professionally (i.e. me). At $675 out the door with a 20" bc (no taxes in DE), I couldn't pass it up.

Might do some cutting this weekend...will follow up after that.

Thanks all for your input.

Maybe I will just keep it. LOL The point I'm trying to make is that although a 50cc saw is nice to have, if you have a 70cc saw you will use it about 70% of the time IMHO.

I have both.....but use 50cc about 70% of the time.

Also, my brother is a logger and has been using a 50 & 57cc, he doesn't even own a 70cc.

Different strokes for different folks. :msp_smile:

Hopefully your dealer follows through with that warranty promise. Husky changed their line on that recently, it used to be what he told you, now its 6 months only on the XP saws.

You did get a damn good price on that though.

If price is what you're looking at, go with the 365. I've never ran the saws you've mentioned so I can't comment on the power to weight thing. I can speak for the old 365's and they are bullet proof. If you look there are great deals out there on the old stock 365's. Don't do the Ebay route and get a Chi Com knock-off though.

If price is what you're looking at, go with the 365. I've never ran the saws you've mentioned so I can't comment on the power to weight thing. I can speak for the old 365's and they are bullet proof. If you look there are great deals out there on the old stock 365's. Don't do the Ebay route and get a Chi Com knock-off though.

Agreed... The new 365xt is not only a good buy, it's two pieces of metal removal away from being a 372!!!
All that potential, just quietly waiting under it's unassuming low top cover...
:msp_sneaky:

Manyhobies: I have an old Stihl Farm Boss as a backup saw.

I stopped in at one of the larger Husky dealers about an hour from home after a job yesterday. Demoed both the 555 and the 562xp. Both are sweet, but...the 562 really rips. The dealer indicated that the 562 has a 2yr warranty if its being used non-professionally (i.e. me). At $675 out the door with a 20" bc (no taxes in DE), I couldn't pass it up.

Might do some cutting this weekend...will follow up after that.

Thanks all for your input.

You will really like it!

One thing I've noticed, is the 562 cuts like a 372, but in a smaller, lighter package. And much smoother! :D

Have you given any thought to a Husky 365XT, it might have the two year warranty. 555, 365 seems to be the best bang for the money saws.

+1 The 365xt is a great deal at mid $500 price tag. Didn't spend much time fretting on the warranty deal because I voided mine before I put fluids in the saw. The good news I now have a great runnin' 372xp for the price of a 365xt.

I have a 372xp and a 346xp. For walking through brush and stumbling over things I think the 346xp is not so hard on the old back, but for a load of logs to be cut into firewood I do like the 372xp. I have put off going to my local dealer because my understanding is he has a demo 562xp he lends out for people to try. Buying saws is very addictive and I find it hard to ever get rid of one you are happy with. One thing I do know is I will always own a 346xp.

I have a 372xp and a 346xp. For walking through brush and stumbling over things I think the 346xp is not so hard on the old back, but for a load of logs to be cut into firewood I do like the 372xp. I have put off going to my local dealer because my understanding is he has a demo 562xp he lends out for people to try. Buying saws is very addictive and I find it hard to ever get rid of one you are happy with. One thing I do know is I will always own a 346xp.

You're probably wise to stay away from your dealer.

I'm really liking the 346xp/562xp combo!!!

Also agreed on your 346xp comments. I'll never be without one! :msp_biggrin:

I'll be there man! With the 562... But my old 346xp is the 'money saw'... Just sayin.

:cheers:

The ultimate "Money" saw!!! Cause it's green, like money!!!

attachment.php

SHOW ME THE MONEY BABY!!!
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!
:big_smile:

I have both.....but use 50cc about 70% of the time.

Also, my brother is a logger and has been using a 50 & 57cc, he doesn't even own a 70cc.

Different strokes for different folks. :msp_smile:
Me too! Just used Komatsuvarna's 44 with a OE 346 piston and Caber ring. Man that saw cuts almost as good as my Dolkita 79cc. All saws ought to run as good. And how are you going to beat 10lbs!! Love this saw! Always did!

Back