Race chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. An ugly weld generally won't be strong, and an ugly chain generally won't be fast.
I was refering to looking at someone's chain and wondering "what the :censored: were they thinking when they did that?"
It's the same in any racing. Someone thinks outside the box and comes up with some little something that gains just a wee little bit. Many times being covered up by a bunch of other stuff that makes it real hard to see just what makes it fast.
A person admitting to how little they really know about chain, and a strong desire to learn is a crucial step to learning how to make a faster chain.
A lot of people admit they don't know much, but don't have the desire.
Even more people are too proud to admit they don't know everything there is to know.

Me? I've still got a lot to learn. :cheers:

Andy

Hey Andy, here is what Ive learned. I am going to drop off the bikesaw chain that I used to run (and Jay train wrecked) so you can copy it exactly and make us a pair of new ones. My latest chain that I filed was quick, but it didn't feel right like the old one did. No chain I have run on it has really felt right since, I really miss that one. That chain is the standard for "the edge" as far as a bikesaw chain.

edit: I am only going to give you back half of the old chain, so when you make me a new one, I can make sure you didn't forget any details.:laugh:

Last edited:
Them factory guys get the best gear, best booze, and prettiest women until them I'm happy with my halfast gear, rot gut booze, and butter faced girls.
Like me your not kissing enough azz. Lol But I'm sure Fales , Cahoon, Ed or Woodsjunky would send me a chain if I asked them nicely if I only had a GTG to go to and split the winnings. Lol
John

Last edited:
Looks like it's gonna be a great night to howl at the moon.
John

Dfullmoon.jpg

Hey Andy, here is what Ive learned. I am going to drop off the bikesaw chain that I used to run (and Jay train wrecked) so you can copy it exactly and make us a pair of new ones. My latest chain that I filed was quick, but it didn't feel right like the old one did. No chain I have run on it has really felt right since, I really miss that one. That chain is the standard for "the edge" as far as a bikesaw chain.

edit: I am only going to give you back half of the old chain, so when you make me a new one, I can make sure you didn't forget any details.:laugh:

Sean, that chain you did up the other day was pretty quick. You just need to leave a little more raker.
I'll build you a couple if ya need them. They might be ready by the end of next September. :laugh:

Andy

Back