Ramblings on a rainy PNW day.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The front took 8 hours to pass, very windy, very wet, temps in mid fifties. We had four hours of relative calm, and have settled in to the squall pattern, with one walking through about an hour after the last one left. They last a half hour, trying to beat everything flat, then wander off. I'd bet the Smith is blown out. Another storm is already approaching the coast, reminds me of the old days.

Got up this morning and it was 34 degrees outside... the dog looked at me when I let him out for his mornin' pee like "Seriously? It's cold out there! Where's Spring?"

I shoved him out the door with my foot. Hes a bigger and older version of Patty's Used Dog... Think of a 120 pound Chocolate lab with gray muzzle and paws... :) So I had to shove kinda hard...

Gary

Got up this morning and it was 34 degrees outside... the dog looked at me when I let him out for his mornin' pee like "Seriously? It's cold out there! Where's Spring?"

I shoved him out the door with my foot. Hes a bigger and older version of Patty's Used Dog... Think of a 120 pound Chocolate lab with gray muzzle and paws... :) So I had to shove kinda hard...

Gary

It rained all day yesterday and then finally started snowing around 5:00 yesterday afternoon. There's about 2"-3" of snow out there and my four goldens couldn't wait to get out there in it, even if it isn't enough to play in. Then Emma, my 2 year old b1tch wouldn't come in, even for cookies.

The colder it is the more they like it, when it was -21F back in December, they thought that was really neat. :dizzy:

It rained all day yesterday and then finally started snowing around 5:00 yesterday afternoon. There's about 2"-3" of snow out there and my four goldens couldn't wait to get out there in it, even if it isn't enough to play in. Then Emma, my 2 year old b1tch wouldn't come in, even for cookies.

The colder it is the more they like it, when it was -21F back in December, they thought that was really neat. :dizzy:

cheers, just a skiff across the way. the fertile female dog is in heat so the 'yotes are asking for her. 80mph wind down in wagontire yesterday.

LMAO... :laugh:

When Yukon was a lil' younger... he loved the snow, and the cold. Would sit in a duck blind all day long with ice all over him... good dog.

But now that he is 12, and has arthritis, and a little hip dysplasia... he no likey the cold too much anymore. :) He's offically "retired"...

Gary

LMAO... :laugh:

When Yukon was a lil' younger... he loved the snow, and the cold. Would sit in a duck blind all day long with ice all over him... good dog.

But now that he is 12, and has arthritis, and a little hip dysplasia... he no likey the cold too much anymore. :) He's offically "retired"...

Gary

i bet he still gets excited when you pick up the shot gun! Grandpa Pops & I used to go out shooting squirrels, wed sometimes get a few miles away from the house. We shot 22s. his black lab Bud would come full tilt shortly after the first shots had been fired. thats dedication when you run 2 miles to come play!!

Last February, two of the girls...

attachment.php

I'd have been happy to have some rain today!

After chaining up to get to work today, inorder to work in about a foot and half of snow for a few hours, I almost missed the 50mph gusts blowing around on Monday!

Cold and rainy again. I had work to do today so that was good. Not paid, but it keeps me busy and a little giving never hurt anyone.

It was snowing all around, several accidents. Never hit the valley floor, just in the foot hills and outlying areas. The wind was real cold brrrrrrrr!

Mr. HE:cool:

Sounds like more of the same today. I drove up far enough to see there were no tracks in the snow, so no logger to go harass. Drove lower and checked out roads. Cut a maple out of a road then found a small slide blocking the end. I hate when this happens and it happens every year.:chainsaw:

This Is Why We Live Here

After the storm. 18 inches of new stuff up at the top of the haul road. Lordy, it was a pretty day, for a while.

I left my skis at home!!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now, just an hour ago I was out walking in the rain with The Used Dog and we heard a thunder boom. Looks to be another dark and stormy night.

Today was another beautiful day in Oregon. Spring is in the air. We're working on the North side of the Umpqua/Rouge divide. Had everything from sunshine to snow. Rain and hail. It was a good day to be out tromping in the woods. :cheers:

Kinda snowed off and on here today, snowing now but not enough to amount to anything. Better to walk the dogs in than rain.

I saw pictures that it was actually sunny up on Whidbey today. It was strange, objects in the photos were making these marks on the ground called "shadows" or something like that. Odd.

hah Larry, didn't take long for you to aclimatize.
Not much rain here today, cold and breezy, tomorrow looks good and I'll be sleeping through it.

Gary

My dog isn't even a year old and it weigs 150

Latest posts

Back