Real.... Or...fake???>>>>>>>

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely a fake! I 've had a couple of 038 mags and one I built from the crankcase up and there are a lot of things not right with this one. That gas tank is the biggest tell. The carb adjuster holes are in the wrong place and that hole on the tank behind were the wrap handle mounts is not supposed to be there. Originals had a moulded in circle that looked like a hole that never got punched out at the factory. Never seen one with a actual hole there, 038,038 super, or 038 mag, or mag 2.

that hole is for the heater switch IIRC... :dunno:

Sadly it runs really well but vibrates like mad and is just cheap, cheap, and more cheap. Actually I hardly use it, I don't want people throwing rocks at me down the street :)
It's one of those saws I may just lean out on video until it blows up. That'd be fun, right up until it disappears in a mushroom cloud and takes my leg off...

LMFAO!!! :rock::cheers:

your crazy...

J

Chaps don't stop Chinese crankshafts at 200mph :)

I'm gonna do it though. Just have to - full pelt, lean it out, rubber band on throttle, no bar or chain, then run, whilst videoing :)

Better yet, run over to a high powered rifle and shoot it. Yeah!

im eagerly awaiting that video

Yeah, me too.

I saw that 038 last night and thought something was fishy. Do they still sell new 038's across the pond? Why would they fake a NLA saw. Maybe we'll see fake BP-1s in the future.
Kevin

Chaps don't stop Chinese crankshafts at 200mph :)

I'm gonna do it though. Just have to - full pelt, lean it out, rubber band on throttle, no bar or chain, then run, whilst videoing :)

Don't use a rubber band. Too much of a risk breaking it. Just use a loop of duct tape. There's no way that would break.
It kinda reminds me of what my dad did. He had a MS250 that was hell to start. After numerous trips to the dealer, it still didn't run right. He said he was gonna top off the tank and if it started, he was gonna hold it WFO until it popped. After several minutes, he got it lit off and held it WFO. That thing must have ran 15 minutes at 285,932 RPM's before running out of fuel. It was a month before the feeling in his arm came back from the high frequency buzzing. Now the saw will start FIRST PULL regardless of how long it sits.
Sorry to go off topic...

Last edited:
I saw that 038 last night and thought something was fishy. Do they still sell new 038's across the pond? Why would they fake a NLA saw. Maybe we'll see fake BP-1s in the future.
Kevin

Macs will never be cloned, you just can't fake the funk!

The other thing that's dishonest is that the listing describes the saw as "manufacturer refurbished". I doubt that Stihl has any such program where they are selling refurbished 380's. I wonder if these 380's all have the same serial number as the Husky 365's seem to?

This is obviously becoming a kind of epidemic. Crooks are buying these saws with the intention of misleading buyers when reselling them.

People that are dumb enough to order these saws direct from China pretty much deserve to get screwed, but people buying on e-bay are more likely to believe they are getting the real thing.

something here isn't Kosher: Stihl MS 380 72cc 20" chainsaw NEW and unused - eBay (item 280648520271 end time Mar-26-11 00:02:47 PDT)

Jerry,

post away, as long as your fingers won't cramp up!! LOL!!

J

Yet another :msp_cursing: low life selling clones. Would help if he put up two pictures of the same saw lol and yes the ms210/230/250 is also fake. As for the 380 it is the same as the one discussed in the latter part of http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/167661-6.htm#post2838979. Only this clone has a better bar ( i have known some clones actually have OEM bars and chains). Biggest givaway is the lack of the easystart and the obviously fake name badge.

This is getting ridiculous soon cloned saws are going to outnumber the real deal on fleebay...

The other thing that's dishonest is that the listing describes the saw as "manufacturer refurbished". I doubt that Stihl has any such program where they are selling refurbished 380's. I wonder if these 380's all have the same serial number as the Husky 365's seem to?

This is obviously becoming a kind of epidemic. Crooks are buying these saws with the intention of misleading buyers when reselling them.

People that are dumb enough to order these saws direct from China pretty much deserve to get screwed, but people buying on e-bay are more likely to believe they are getting the real thing.

With all that aside, the thing that REALLY, REALLY PISSES ME OFF ::angry::angry2: , like THROW things angry.. is the fact that people HERE get screwed by a buyer that bought a PERFECTLY good saw, and straight gassed it, or swapped parts, or THOUGHT it was a SP125 when it was CLEARLY STATED that ID'ing the saw without dismantling was not possible, could be a sp105...

and they wanted $200 back on a $350 auction :rolleyes:

This is the saddest part of all, those that are being honest are being taken advantage of...:angry:

J

With all that aside, the thing that REALLY, REALLY PISSES ME OFF ::angry::angry2: , like THROW things angry.. is the fact that people HERE get screwed by a buyer that bought a PERFECTLY good saw, and straight gassed it, or swapped parts, or THOUGHT it was a SP125 when it was CLEARLY STATED that ID'ing the saw without dismantling was not possible, could be a sp105...

This is the saddest part of all, those that are being honest are being taken advantage of...:angry:

J

Straight-gassed a 125?!?! They deserve to be castrated by a dull Mini-Mac. Send remnants to me for proper salvage.

J

Didn't you know ebay's new policy enforced by PayPal; all used saws have a 10 year guarantee at the sellers expense, including neglect/misuse by the buyer. I thought everyone knew that...

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: Really bugs me also. You don't go to the butcher buy a steak stick it in the oven, burn it and then expect your money back.

Didn't you know ebay's new policy enforced by PayPal; all used saws have a 10 year guarantee at the sellers expense, including neglect/misuse by the buyer. I thought everyone knew that...

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange: Really bugs me also. You don't go to the butcher buy a steak stick it in the oven, burn it and then expect your money back.

you left out the buyers remorse and the "i just needed to borrow one to cut up one tree" clauses.

Latest posts

Back