REDMAX DEALERS! 353 copy 5300

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonecountry

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey all, was talking to a Redmax dealer today and he was saying he's soon replacing his 5000's with 5300's. So when I got home I did dome searching and found some threads on the new 5300. Just wondering if you people have run the new 5300 and how is it? I have heard that the other Redmax's are quite underrated but this is supposedly the same as the 2152 and 353. Other than the color and very slight mold differences with the Husky and Jred what do you think?

There's More

FWIW - it also appears the new Redmax GZ7000 is the Husky 570 with a "sunburn"! It appears to be the same saw, although the Redmax site calls the engine "Strato-Charged" and the Husky International site lists it as "X-Torq". I wonder how the pricing will compare for the new Redmax versions of the 353 and 570??

Al :cheers:

Last edited:
How does the pricing compare between the 353, 2152, and Redmax?

I have a non-cat 353 and like it.

Redmax/Zenoah

Some pic .....
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Redmax prices. GZ7000 20" $654.99 list price. G5300 20" $419.95 list price.

The larger saw is probably a good move as the 621 is a bit small to be the top saw in a line up. Nothing wrong with it other than some folks want all the cc's they can get. The 5000 has a big following down here with the pulp cutters and homeowners looking for a firewood saw. Stihl ms250 is $449, 5000 Redmax $499. Pro saw at homeowner price.

The larger saw is probably a good move as the 621 is a bit small to be the top saw in a line up. Nothing wrong with it other than some folks want all the cc's they can get. The 5000 has a big following down here with the pulp cutters and homeowners looking for a firewood saw. Stihl ms250 is $449, 5000 Redmax $499. Pro saw at homeowner price.

At that price I would snap up a 5000 as well, but no-go here - and I already have 3 50cc saws.......:censored:

The MS 260 Pro is a beauty (and still 3.5hp here), but so far I have resisted it - even though they are dumping the price here right now (15% less than the 353)......

...the vibes and lack of top-end is what is holding me off - it prabably would be just another "loaner" saw...

Last edited:
The new Ex-lax's are definitely not a step forward for them.... same ole Husky homeowner junk in a new box. :dizzy:

Better snatch up the good ones before there gone. :cheers:

At that price I would snap up a 5000 as well, but no-go here - and I already have 3 50cc saws.......:censored:

The MS 260 Pro is a beauty (and still 3.5hp here), but so far I have resisted it - even though they are dumping the price here right now (15% less than the 353)......

...the vibes and lack of top-end is what is holding me off - it prabably would be just another "loaner" saw...

MS260 vibes? I left a friend run a rehabbed 260 yesterday, and his comment was "Its really smooth!::) It doesn't vibrate nearly as much as my MS290". I just laughed and thought he should run a Husky!:chainsaw:

MS260 vibes? I left a friend run a rehabbed 260 yesterday, and his comment was "Its really smooth!::) It doesn't vibrate nearly as much as my MS290". I just laughed and thought he should run a Husky!:chainsaw:

Sure, there are several vibe levels to go trough....

I was told a wile back that Husqvarna had purchased Red Max, looks like it's true.

Steady . . .

A Husky 353 is a poor substitute for a 5000 Redmax. A step backwards as I see it. Less power, cat muffler, inferior quality, more money.

Redmax isn't REPLACING the 5000 with the 5300 they are merely offering it along side of it. The OP said HIS DEALER would be replacing them.
Check out Redmax's website.

Al :cheers:

Back