Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool.

I'm as patriotic and the next guy but the red/white/blue has to go.............................
Yeah, I know. It was a wallhanger in a Gentlemans shop who made custom knives. Has since passed. Painted it with a brush and even painted the chain silver.

Small Remington SL-9 type discovery:

While tareing down an SL-10 to use for parts for my John Deere 15 build I found an Oregon #28000 spur/drum on him. A quick search on evilbay indicates the spru/drum is used on smaller Echos.

We will be able to run 3/8" LP instead of the 1/4" the 15 was set up for. Hit BIN on an Oregon 38033 rim/drum 'system'.

Except for the springy thingy that holds the air filter cover on, the Pro 88 is done. Just got the decals from SCS and they look great. I opted for the vinyl self adhesive cause i didn't want to clear coat. The epoxy appliance paint is really fuel and oil resistant and the biscuit color is very close to the orig.
Here are a few before and after pics.

DSCN3975.JPG DSCN3979.JPG pro 88 008.JPG pro 88 009.JPGpro 88 010.JPG

Except for the springy thingy that holds the air filter cover on, the Pro 88 is done. Just got the decals from SCS and they look great. I opted for the vinyl self adhesive cause i didn't want to clear coat. The epoxy appliance paint is really fuel and oil resistant and the biscuit color is very close to the orig.
Here are a few before and after pics.
View attachment 350615

Good job! Pup turned out excellent. 105cc of 'git 'er done'.

Sorry, I didn't read the second line of your post. It's the original 1/4".

I have several NOS 1/4" x 9 tooth spur/drums for the SL-9.10 types from a batch purchase off evilbay if you need one. Free for postage as the one (NOS 7/16" x 7 tooth 754 type) was worth it by itself.

Ran the Deere 15 this morning for a tank and the compression on the new rings has come up noticeably. He likes his 3/8" LP on the 15" hardnose.

It was one of the saws that originally brought me to this site, and I have been working on it for ages. My PL-4 is finally done! I finished it last night, but wanted to get a few pictures in the day light before I put it in wood.

PL-4 start.jpg

20140615_125237.jpg
20140615_125333.jpg
20140615_125348.jpg
20140615_125306.jpg

I'm very happy with how it turned out. I use Rustolleum paint on all of my saws, and never had a problem with the gas. I got the decals from SCS, and used Rustolleum clear coat for it. Just the slightest gas spill, and the clear is coming off already. Does anyone have a clear coat that is more gas resistant?

I think this chain was off a parts saw that I used. I don't know what they did to it, but the rakers were set to maybe 0.005", and the cutters were filed with what looked like a 5/32 file. So the chain took a lot of work to get cutting properly, but for only blowing 85 lbs cold, this is a strong little saw and I love the sound of these old Remmy's!

Back