Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Figured it out. It's a Mall Model 11. Found it on the tag that I didn't see before.
The internet didn't exist when I started this restoration project, so parts were harder to find. I remember I put a new coil on it, and bought a new chain for it. All the parts are there, except now that I've been looking around the site at pictures, I see it didn't have a recoil starter when I got it. I didn't know it was supposed to have one until now. I just assumed you wrapped a rope around it and pulled. I also see the bottom bar that it sits on is broken. The bar length is in the 45" range. This is one of many projects that I doubt I'll ever finish.

G dub

Attachments

• P1010721.JPG
    P1010721.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010722.JPG
    P1010722.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 19
  • P1010709.JPG
    P1010709.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010710.JPG
    P1010710.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010711.JPG
    P1010711.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010715.JPG
    P1010715.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 20
  • P1010717.JPG
    P1010717.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010719.JPG
    P1010719.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1010720.JPG
    P1010720.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 18
The wrapped rope trick works every time! Our first (and only) push mower in south St. Louis county came that way. Dad bought a riding mower when I went away to school. LOL

Why not put that old devil back together. Prolly take up less space in the garage.

Lack of time. I just have too many other projects going. It would be years before I get to it. I'm thinking about figuring out how to sell stuff on ebay and start clearing out some of my clutter / collections.

The clutch is a monster. 4 1/4" drum.
View attachment 381489

Crankcase cover is all broke to hell.

Got a side cover off evilbay the other day so we tore down the gear drive.

Insides look in ex shape. We will replace crank seals and find a notched ring for the top grove.

100 psi is disappointing for something with three rings. Almost no carbon under the crown.

I have been waiting to find a 990......and everyone else.
So i settled for second place and got a 773 Super.It's still wearing it's original paint and came with a mangled bar.Haven't had a chance to check out the piston,but i got it from a collector who got rid of all his saws and this was the last.I had to wait till i got everyone's gifts wrapped before i could unwrap this one.141224_007.jpg 141224_006.jpg 141224_005.jpg 141224_004.jpg
I've always like the look of this series saw.Looks like the muffler would keep your right leg warm up here during the cold winters.

New to me 4.0 cube remmy! The SL-4 that I thought I was getting for Christmas turned out to be a PL-5 so 65.5cc instead 59cc, shame!
Not run yet but P&C look great it has spark, and an original 20" Remington roller nose bar and a new chain. Oddly it has most of it factory paint. It doesn't look like it's had a hard life at all. My sister thought it was a horrible old thing to give as a present but I think it is so much better than a $25.00 gift card!! Color me HAPPY

Hope everyone had a joyous Christmas and please do have a Happy and Healthy New Year.

Is there a way to find out best offers on completed sales?

Not sellin' mine. Nope.
Yes, look down the left side of page and click on the box next to "Completed", then put in the item that you are interested in the search box. You then have to click on one of the items found and it will show the price that it sold for.
Hope this helps

While searching I did find an Oregon clutch drum with bushing and rim sprocket. Now I can go back to a 7 tooth to see if that helps the power. Mine was bogging down with an 8 tooth spur sprocket I modified from a Homelite 1050.

7/16 x 8? That be large but not too large for 105cc one would think.

Be careful as I'm for positive the Oregon 10619 fits the large Bantam types but am uncertain about the 88.

IIRC the clutch is different between the GL-7 and 88. Been a good while since I messed with them.

I'll have to get on my 'puter as this phone is limited on eBay features.

Was it an 88 that was bogging with the 8 tooth sprocket?
Yes, the one in my avatar. I haven't checked compression since the resto and haven't run it much. The check valve fitting for the oiler won't shut off the flow so oil seeps out. Looking for a replacement.

It may need rings, I just cleaned up the piston and put it back together. I''ll get back into it when I put the new drum on - assuming it fits. If the 7 tooth doesn't help, I'll recheck timing and maybe look for rings.

My 88 pumped 90 before I unstuck and cleaned the rings. Pumped 120 on reassembly. Any more than that, I wouldn't be able to pull him over. New bearings and seals match..
I think I was getting around 100psi. Hopefully I'll get the clutch drum tomorrow(and hope it fits) and will check again. Chain is .404. I did clean the ring grooves and ring when I had it apart. Cylinder looked good too. New bearings and seals. I wish I had seen the red and cream color scheme before I did mine but it was all cream originally so that's what it got.

Back