Remington Chainsaws(including Mall chainsaws)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mighty Mites are awesome little saws. I love to run mine. The good news is, they are very simple to work on. A mighty mite is actually the first saw I ever tore into. You can find parts saws for these very easy and cheap. The bad news is, a oem filter, and the plastic filter cover are very hard to find.

If you decide you want to fix it up, send me a PM. I have the IPL, and Service Manual.

Dustin :chainsaw:
Fairly new to this website. I have a Remington Super Yardmaster, which looks just like the Mighty mite. Having trouble getting the housing split, seems to be too tight, like I'm still missing a bolt or screw, but cannot find one. Would you be willing to send me the ipl and sm? Or maybe advise on what I might be missing, like hidden type connector.

The Yardmaster types are not really bad saws, but.
You will find that the chain oiler is problematic. The tank is above the bar mount and once you have it running there is no controlling the oil flow. After you shut it down it will syphon all to oil out on your truck bed or garage floor.

I suggest loosening the lid to bleed off the pressure and parking it on its left side.

The air filter is a bad joke.

I had one. Not looking for another, ever.

Thanks Ray for the link.
Also, thanks for the oil tank info. I'll keep that in mind. No sure if the saw is worth restoring!:nofunny:
Thought I found rubber mounts, as the old saw rubber mounts have deteriorated to the point of crumbling. Anyone have any of them. Chainsawr has but the shipping is as much as the parts.

The Yardmaster types are not really bad saws, but.
You will find that the chain oiler is problematic. The tank is above the bar mount and once you have it running there is no controlling the oil flow. After you shut it down it will syphon all to oil out on your truck bed or garage floor.

I suggest loosening the lid to bleed off the pressure and parking it on its left side.

The air filter is a bad joke.

I had one. Not looking for another, ever.
Thought I'd give an update. Managed to fix the mounts with some very powerful adhesive, I used to glue dryer replacement drum felts. Seems to hold very well.
Think I figured it out! What appears to be missing is the eyelet, spring and retainer. The pics shows what I believe is the proper hook-up. The hose in the pic is just a mock-up where the oil line would route. I think the link simply pinches the hose to restrict oil flow, until the trigger is pressed, thereby reving the engine. Just haven't figured out the precise spring to use or what to use for the retainer clip, necessary so the spring and link cannot push out of the slot.

Attachments

• Yardmaster_OilLink.jpg
    Yardmaster_OilLink.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_3497.JPG
    100_3497.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 15
I agree with your comments about the oil shut-off. Sounds like an engineer had a brain..... You know! My mock-up isn't the best because although the closest line size, that fuel line is to stiff. The original line is very soft, and pinches off quite easily. With the line I have the spring will have to be heavier to apply enough pressure to pinch off the line.

Is is possible there is a Zama carb that could replace a Walbro WA53? It's for a Remington Yardmaster and the existing carb body is oxidized badly and cannot seem to find good one. There's one on Chainsawr, but appears the fuel line fittings are missing and/or cracked. Waiting for confirmation! So back to the original question, any cross-reference between Zama and Walbro that would work?

594a78c6d85a4b10d83f2bb5c6917e53.jpg
6122e5a8a083f740fc7c51cbfaf91b4e.jpg
00433e8ba86968f88f2ed600a9198b46.jpg
db19f0788d90d7d2c19f3ea2e4a6aa89.jpg
6d4d0cf93cb018002af89b9a47c5a7c1.jpg
b909cc368a45aef1f96966bb83d6aae6.jpg
f186d4d4c187095db8884694ff410a47.jpg
c48e30ff8ef09e0e9f1b925b34766309.jpg

I have this military Remington 754G that is in great cosmetic shape. I am not going to keep this saw so I have not run it. I did fix the slipping starter and while pulling it over it did pop but did it did not run. I have drained it and have set it aside until I can determine a good trade value. This is going to be tough as values of saws differ from person to person. Any help from the Remington collectors on fair trade value would be greatly appreciated.

Hello from Romania! I have a Remington SL 11 saved from the dump. The piston and cylinder are dead. Is this engine used on other saws[Homelite XL] .It seems to be 48,5 bore X35 stroke.

Back