Removable chip box

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

palmersfirewood

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok I have a 78 chevrolet 4wd 1 ton dump. I recently bought a chip box to put on it. However I am looking at a dodge 4wd 1 ton dump. I am thinking of making some skids for the chip box so I can mount the box on either truck and remove it if I need the flatbed dump. Any suggestions? Has anyone done this before?

Just built a box recently. It is removeable to install a sander. We didn't do anything special as far a skids, We just lift it off with forks from the back and a tie-down to the front because the box is 9' and the forks are 4'.

Why dont you just eliminate the 78 Chevy??? I dont understand the point of transferring a box back and forth truck to truck

Agreed unless the Dodge is older then the Chevy..:laugh:

They are both 78 models and they both run like a top. I just want to be able to use them both as a flatbed dump during the summer to haul hay for my farm. Later when I buy a newer truck I am going to mount the chip box to the newer one.

They are both 78 models and they both run like a top. I just want to be able to use them both as a flatbed dump during the summer to haul hay for my farm. Later when I buy a newer truck I am going to mount the chip box to the newer one.

Latest posts

Back