Removing stuck MS460 clutch drum

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big mike,

Your muffler covers almost ready. I went a bit big on them.

Making you two renditions.

One would make that sucker breath.

Is the clutch drum OK Mike? I may have a clutch here for you. If you're 100% it's the same as a 044.

Took the limiters off the 460 today so that we can tune it to the dp muff, etc. Those plastic suckers never seem to want to come out easy. If you try and twist it to line up the tab, the screw comes out, and if you just pull it eventually that metal retainer comes out along with it. I cut the tabs off, re-worked the screw driver opening, and reinstalled them. Not sure if it is necessary to do that, but I heard it may help to keep the screws from moving after you set them.

I also learned why I should always remember to open the fuel cap before pulling the carb, damn thing peed all over me! That saw really builds & holds some pressure! Guess that will be a good thing going forward!

So, I don't usually like to refer to myself in the third person, but:

MUSTANG MIKE HAD A GOOD DAY TODAY, and looking forward to an even better one tomorrow!

1) The clutch finally came for this MS460 (thank you Mark), and I added a DP muff cover and HD-2 filter. Good thing I pulled the limiter screws on the carb, cause it would not idle till the low was about 1 turn out (previously was about 5/16 turn out). The saw idles great & runs strong, and I'm done with it. Going to my friend & neighbor Chris. This thing worked out great for both of us.

2) I saw a 046 for sale on Craigslist. It had a dp muff cover (from the factory), but also had a new AM P&C. I called and asked about the old cylinder, and the guy said he thought he still had it. I now have a beautiful looking 046 D cylinder with some transfer on the exhaust side, but otherwise is looks brand new!

3) Took the wife out to dinner at an Italian place we often go to. Saw a wine on the shelf that was not on the wine list, and asked about it. Waiter said they got it on special, and are selling it for $30/bottle. We liked it so much, we stopped at the wine store a few doors down to see what it retailed for. The wine store owner did not believe me, and even bet me money that I did not buy that wine in a restaurant for that price (he called the restaurant, and I won the bet). The wine retails for $37/bottle in the wine store!

But tomorrow, I get to give my Grandsons BB guns, they are 6 & 8, it will be even better!!!!

Merry Christmas EVERYONE!!!

Attachments

• 460-046D1-24-15 001.jpg
    460-046D1-24-15 001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • 460-046D1-24-15 002.jpg
    460-046D1-24-15 002.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
  • 460-046D1-24-15 003.jpg
    460-046D1-24-15 003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 20
  • 460-046D1-24-15 004.jpg
    460-046D1-24-15 004.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

MUSTANG MIKE HAD A GOOD DAY TODAY, and looking forward to an even better one tomorrow!

1) The clutch finally came for this MS460 (thank you Mark), and I added a DP muff cover and HD-2 filter. Good thing I pulled the limiter screws on the carb, cause it would not idle till the low was about 1 turn out (previously was about 5/16 turn out). The saw idles great & runs strong, and I'm done with it. Going to my friend & neighbor Chris. This thing worked out great for both of us.

2) I saw a 046 for sale on Craigslist. It had a dp muff cover (from the factory), but also had a new AM P&C. I called and asked about the old cylinder, and the guy said he thought he still had it. I now have a beautiful looking 046 D cylinder with some transfer on the exhaust side, but otherwise is looks brand new!

3) Took the wife out to dinner at an Italian place we often go to. Saw a wine on the shelf that was not on the wine list, and asked about it. Waiter said they got it on special, and are selling it for $30/bottle. We liked it so much, we stopped at the wine store a few doors down to see what it retailed for. The wine store owner did not believe me, and even bet me money that I did not buy that wine in a restaurant for that price (he called the restaurant, and I won the bet). The wine retails for $37/bottle in the wine store!

But tomorrow, I get to give my Grandsons BB guns, they are 6 & 8, it will be even better!!!!

Merry chrismas Mike,
Those boys will remember those BB guns forever.

Merry Christmas Big Mike.

I'll never forget the first BB gun I got. What a joy it will be for you to see their faces.

Latest posts

Back