Replace my Stihl 361 with a Husky 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll give you the power part, the rest is spliting **** hairs. If the AV and cleaning a air filter on a 260 is a problem, you don't need to be in the woods at all.:dizzy:

That's ok, if I were a 346 cheerleader I'd be worried too, the 261 is getting closer!:cheers:

Brian never problems with 346's

http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-346-X...ViewItemQQptZUS_Chainsaws?hash=item2a0614d418

And yet another one ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Husqvarna-346-X...ViewItemQQptZUS_Chainsaws?hash=item2a0614e38c

Last edited:
I see plenty of them on ebay burnt up ...........Not supposed too mention it on AS ......LOL

I actually agree that the 260 is about as bulletproof as any saw there is. I just hate saying so around 2K. He's good enough at manufacturing the orange and white ammo on his own.

I see plenty of them on ebay burnt up ...........Not supposed too mention it on AS ......LOL

Who said so? :confused:

No reason not to mention it, but no reason to do it either, as you know very well that it is totally irrelevant - all saws "burn up" now and then, for various reasons! :givebeer:

The 5100S obviously do it way too often though!

DolmarUSA admitted that they come way too lean from the factory (to pass EPA) a while ago, and confirmed what most of us already had figured out, but you probably preferred to ignore that info. It doesn't help much on the over-all picture that a few dealers (you included, even though you claim to not be a dealer) set them up right before they leave the shop, when lots of dealers don't!

I hope they do better with the new 5105, the cat should give them some leeway regarding not having to set the carb so lean (but then it develops heat).......

Last edited:

Well, I can't pass this one by, as I suspect it may be conected to the Dolmar 5100 "Grassy Knoll Society" which believes the lack of blown up 5100's on E-bay prove that they are not blowing up.

The amount of saws that appear on E-bay, whether blown up or intact, are a very small percentage of the total number of saws sold. Therefore saws that don't really sell in significant numbers outside of the insular world of AS, are far less likely to appear on E-bay in any shape or form. Away from "Alice in Dolmarland", Dolmar sales are barely a blip on the screen.

The lack of a smoking gun does not mean that one wasn't fired. But while the search for a smoking gun might prove fruitless on E-bay, there are indeed several out there. Dolmar's dealer locater could help you find a few.

Dang Spike, you make it difficult for non US residents to follow this thread...:laugh::laugh:

"Thirty-five years after the Kennedy assassination and speculation about a conspiracy, "grassy knoll" has become a generic term connoting hidden plots and subterfuge. But who coined the phrase? "
I had to look this one up.:hmm3grin2orange:

Dang Spike, you make it difficult for non US residents to follow this thread...:laugh::laugh:

"Thirty-five years after the Kennedy assassination and speculation about a conspiracy, "grassy knoll" has become a generic term connoting hidden plots and subterfuge. But who coined the phrase? "
I had to look this one up.:hmm3grin2orange:

:laugh:

Well, I can't pass this one by, as I suspect it may be conected to the Dolmar 5100 "Grassy Knoll Society" which believes the lack of blown up 5100's on E-bay prove that they are not blowing up.

The amount of saws that appear on E-bay, whether blown up or intact, are a very small percentage of the total number of saws sold. Therefore saws that don't really sell in significant numbers outside of the insular world of AS, are far less likely to appear on E-bay in any shape or form. Away from "Alice in Dolmarland", Dolmar sales are barely a blip on the screen.

The lack of a smoking gun does not mean that one wasn't fired. But while the search for a smoking gun might prove fruitless on E-bay, there are indeed several out there. Dolmar's dealer locater could help you find a few.

Husky dealer locator could help too............Most are staying busy repairing bad gas issues........

The smoking gun was found along time ago .......

BAD GAS KILL's ALL BRANDS!!!

Who said so? :confused:

No reason not to mention it, but no reason to do it either, as you know very well that it is totally irrelevant - all saws "burn up" now and then, for various reasons! :givebeer:

The 5100S obviously do it way too often though!

DolmarUSA admitted that they come way too lean from the factory (to pass EPA) a while ago, and confirmed what most of us already had figured out, but you probably preferred to ignore that info. It doesn't help much on the over-all picture that a few dealers (you included, even though you claim to not be a dealer) set them up right before they leave the shop, when lots of dealers don't!
I hope they do better with the new 5105, the cat should give them some leeway regarding not having to set the carb so lean (but then it develops heat).......

There you go again talking out of your azz.......Im not a dealer for and brand of OPE.!!!!........You might be a dealer from all the Husky preaching you do.....or share holder .........

Husky dealer locator could help too............Most are staying busy repairing bad gas issues........

The smoking gun was found along time ago .......

BAD GAS KILL's ALL BRANDS!!!

I'm with ya on that one for sure. Doesn't look like the gas is going to be getting any better either.

That Aspen fuel or whatever it is might be the eventual answer; if an expensive one. The problem we will then see here in the US is a bunch of cheap alternatives/imitations that are as bad as some of the generic mix oils. (Apologies to Gary; I'm not starting an oil thread)

For the record: The few years I sold Dolmar, I only had ONE 5100 failure, out of maybe 20 5100's. Throttle plate came loose and got digested in the motor. Would have to blame Zama on that one more than Dolmar, right? Dolmar warrantied the saw. Two months after the warranty expired.

Top the OP: By all means get the 346; you will absolutely love it. But I'd keep the 361 just the same.

Final comment: The 361 stands tall today due to a lack of worthy challengers in the 60cc class, (and I'm not talking about the 262XP either). Although my friend in Norway will no doubt throw the weight penalty flag, the best 60cc saws are, IMO: Jonsered 630Super and Dolmar 116SI.

I'm too busy to be playing on this site!!!!

I'm with ya on that one for sure. Doesn't look like the gas is going to be getting any better either.

That Aspen fuel or whatever it is might be the eventual answer; if an expensive one. The problem we will then see here in the US is a bunch of cheap alternatives/imitations that are as bad as some of the generic mix oils. (Apologies to Gary; I'm not starting an oil thread)

For the record: The few years I sold Dolmar, I only had ONE 5100 failure, out of maybe 20 5100's. Throttle plate came loose and got digested in the motor. Would have to blame Zama on that one more than Dolmar, right? Dolmar warrantied the saw. Two months after the warranty expired.

Top the OP: By all means get the 346; you will absolutely love it. But I'd keep the 361 just the same.

Final comment: The 361 stands tall today due to a lack of worthy challengers in the 60cc class, (and I'm not talking about the 262XP either). Although my friend in Norway will no doubt throw the weight penalty flag, the best 60cc saws are, IMO: Jonsered 630Super and Dolmar 116SI.

I'm too busy to be playing on this site!!!!

116si and 120si are really AWESOME saws .....

116si and 120si are really AWESOME saws .....

Steve, are you sitting down? - Sold my first saw collection back in 1996 when I got divorced. Had both of those saws. New in the box, never run. Sold them to a local tree company. I wish I still had those two. Now I gotta sit down. LOL

Steve, are you sitting down? - Sold my first saw collection back in 1996 when I got divorced. Had both of those saws. New in the box, never run. Sold them to a local tree company. I wish I still had those two. Now I gotta sit down. LOL

Local guy has a new in the box 120si ........I have a super low milage 116si and a few used 120si's and a 120super.......NFS on any of them ...

if you by the cat version ill fix it for you for free just so another 361 can bite the dust.

man i thought the boys would be all over this thread trying to talk you back into your 361

i run a 18" 3/8 oregon lgx on my 026 so i know youl have no problems since the 346 has about a horse over the 026 in stock form. let me mod your muffler and youl wonder why you ever botherd with a lowly 361

Sounds like the Fox and Grapes to me..."lowly 361?"

I'll take on a 346xp against my 361 all day doing various tasks from small to large and let's see a the end of the day which saw covered it all.

Do you even have one? LOL! Or have worked one for a day?

Often those giving ridicule of other models or brands have never worked a day in their life with them. And cutting cookies on a waist high log holder really isn't real life is it now? LOL. But you do make good videos, I'll give you that!

Alright........stop the fighting........
2tanksmile.gif
th_boxing.gif

Back