Replace my Stihl 361 with a Husky 346xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Mr Spirit stick, if you were a cheerleader? Now that's hilarious cause If I were to pick one guy here in the three or four years I've been here that personifies the word "cheerleader" you are him. No offense, we all get it, you are a one brand man. Its just funny to hear you call others cheeleaders!

No shame here and Stihl isn't #1 because of me. I'm just in here to correct some bs with facts.:D

No shame here and Stihl isn't #1 because of me. I'm just in here to correct some bs with facts.:D

Yes, Yes I know when the 261 gets here......................... even though the 260 is already better and things like superior antivibe/filtration are splitting hairs. Just curious is the antivibe/filtration the 261 is gunna have of zero consequence too? Honestly 2K you are entertaining, but sometimes it's a little too much. You would make one damn fine politician though.

Yes, Yes I know when the 261 gets here......................... even though the 260 is already better and things like superior antivibe/filtration are splitting hairs. Just curious is the antivibe/filtration the 261 is gunna have of zero consequence too? Honestly 2K you are entertaining, but sometimes it's a little too much. You would make one damn fine politician though.

Don't know. If it is anything close to the 211, 362 and 441, it will be a winner. I stihl love the rubber mounts better but I can live with springs.:D

Politics? Never got into that stuff, rather talk about cars, guns and saws.:clap:

Man, I don't think u get it. I've already said the 346 is as mean a 50cc saw as ther is and yes it will buck with a 20" bar buried. That does not make it a 361/357, plain and simple those saws have more power and perform better as a bucker with an 18-20" bar IMO. Let me say this again so there is no confusion. The 346XP is the best 50cc saw being made right now IMO. It is a very tough little saw. It is not a 60cc saw, and will not perform like a 361 when bucking 16-20" wood. That does not mean it will not buck wood that size, just that it will not do it with quite the authority that a 361 does. Heres a big suprize a 3.7 HP saw does not buck as fast as a 4.4 HP saw with 18-20" bar buried.

I agree:agree2:

well..................

Don't know. If it is anything close to the 211, 362 and 441, it will be a winner. I stihl love the rubber mounts better but I can live with springs.:D

Politics? Never got into that stuff, rather talk about cars, guns and saws.:clap:

I bet we would at least agree on guns,:cheers:

it's not a 372XP

Can you define "rip through"? :confused:

What you think is fast, others may think is so-so - and that goes for all of us, as there are no objective standard!

With other words; It is a matter of opinion, and those tend to vary!

but for a 50cc saw,it rips.

I never said it was a 60cc saw.

Man, I don't think u get it. I've already said the 346 is as mean a 50cc saw as ther is and yes it will buck with a 20" bar buried. That does not make it a 361/357, plain and simple those saws have more power and perform better as a bucker with an 18-20" bar IMO. Let me say this again so there is no confusion. The 346XP is the best 50cc saw being made right now IMO. It is a very tough little saw. It is not a 60cc saw, and will not perform like a 361 when bucking 16-20" wood. That does not mean it will not buck wood that size, just that it will not do it with quite the authority that a 361 does. Heres a big suprize a 3.7 HP saw does not buck as fast as a 4.4 HP saw with 18-20" bar buried.

I have owned two 361s,and a couple 357s,one of which I still own.there is definately a difference.time after time I seem to grab the 346 instead.

I don't cut cookies.

I would keep the 361 but i am a stihl fan anyway.

Just my opinion so here it comes....... the 361 will outcut the 346 all day long. The 346XP is lighter but really a 361 is not heavy. The 361 is paid for ( im asuming) and is a great reliable saw. that being said buy the 346 if you want it its your money.

As for the great 260 VS 346XP debate i cant believe if i am running my sharp muffmodded 026pro and you are running your sharp muffmodded 346xp You are gonna kick my :censored:. Will the 346 cut faster maybe but are you gonna cut so much more so much faster that it makes and damn difference????? nope. Sometime the cookie cutters seem to run the boards with who can cut the fastest cookie. Think about real world cutting situations and how often you are in a race in the woods.

Elves cut cookies.

Honestly,I just like giving you guys a hard time.Most important is what you like and dealer support in your area.

you can always get more saws.

Yup, I'm going to be selling some saws to fund some rifle projects.:D:cheers:

I don't regret selling any of my saws.I regret selling ever gun I have ever sold.

One of my best friends who lives in Tn says,"I'd like to have one of every gun I don't like and two of every gun I do like."

I have owned two 361s,and a couple 357s,one of which I still own.there is definately a difference.time after time I seem to grab the 346 instead.

I believe that we are in almost total agreement then. Does not hurt my feelings at all to go str8 from the 346 to the 372 at all. For 1 saw only 361 it is most of the time for me.

agreed for a one saw plan.

I believe that we are in almost total agreement then. Does not hurt my feelings at all to go str8 from the 346 to the 372 at all. For 1 saw only 361 it is most of the time for me.

except for the flippy caps,the 361 is an excellent choice.

Something must be amiss with your 346xp - what kind of chain do you have on it?

Nope, It runs great and has 325 chisel chain, no Nk right now. It is a fast little saw, just not that much faster than my 026 that it makes a diff in a days work. The 026 handles way better to me and feels better all around.
Also my 026 rolled off my truck today onto the street and didnt break! I dont think the 346 would take that, 346 is a great saw just not as great to me as the 026.

That's ok, if I were a 346 cheerleader I'd be worried too, the 261 is getting closer!:cheers:

LOL - but it looks like the MS261 is a tad too heavy, and too bulky as well, to be a real competitor in the woods - looks more like a competitor to the rather clumsy handling 5100S, as a yard only saw! :greenchainsaw::cheers:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back