Rigging equipment suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't need to be tested I simply want to study I work in the field every day you have to be in the field 4 seasons (so I read) I'm not saying I am a master arb just saying I want to be and was inquiring.. My old foreman I'm sure could out climb any one in our area I actually know because davey hits him up in the spring and asplund (I know it's spelled wrong) calls him in the fall he has been climbing 30 years (hence where all my old school ways come from) and he is not a certified arb but I'll put him against one any day (I know tall words from a short competitor) but I was just inquiring I wasn't saying I'll be a master arb next year just sayin I am eligible to test and I will study and take the test every year until I pass..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a gazillion threads lol I have been climbing 30years studying several years but I won't test until I feel I'm an arborist:surprised3:

Explain peculation, respiration, evapotranspiration,permanent wilting point,transpirational pull,field capacity,macropore,micropore,mychorizae,photon,chloroplast,chlorophyll,photosynthesis,node ,internode,terminal bud,serrate,whorled and so much more :cheers:
And if you climb for money that by definition makes you an arborist wether it be a year in the field or 10(obviously we know who is a better one) but my point being there is no regulations to call your self an arborist (in Michigan) but a certified arborist is what I want to be. I'm sorry if I sounded snappy in the first reply

And if you climb for money that by definition makes you an arborist wether it be a year in the field or 10(obviously we know who is a better one) but my point being there is no regulations to call your self an arborist (in Michigan) but a certified arborist is what I want to be. I'm sorry if I sounded snappy in the first reply

No lol care of trees makes you an arborist. Your not snappy I just stated that becoming an arborist you should be ready to be tested in each of 12 domains and each domain is college level knowledge so to prepare study but then study more and more and more lol cause to me passing the test is not the same as truely being an arborist imo. Before I label myself as an arborist, I will know how to spot disease and if treatment is recommended for the specific problem of the genus,just saying!

No lol care of trees makes you an arborist. Your not snappy I just stated that becoming an arborist you should be ready to be tested in each of 12 domains and each domain is college level knowledge so to prepare study but then study more and more and more lol cause to me passing the test is not the same as truely being an arborist imo. Before I label myself as an arborist, I will know how to spot disease and if treatment is recommended for the specific problem of the genus,just saying!
Proper cable and bracing,lightning protection, the ABC's etc. ad infinitum:p

Latest posts

Back