rope snap?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kf_tree

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
what kind of rope snaps are you guys using on the butterfly saddle?

also i think i read where some of you have modified the yellow strap. how and why?

I use this mod from ART.

07_butset.jpg

I still have the original on.

Advanced Ropeclimbing Technology, the company behind
the lockjack, positioner and ropeguide.
www.art4trees.de
What is the purpose of that little wire tieing the shackles together?

butterfly

Mike,

Who did the stiching to replace the crappy strap and how did it come out? Mine wore out in no time wich was a big disappointment. I'd like to hear more about the repair.

OK2Climb-
A lot of guys just tie a new strap in, often using a fisherpersons knot. on each ring. You could also have "someone" splice a new strap in for added security and less bulk.

love
nick

I just used a piece of 5/16" Ultratech rope, tied into place with Double Fisherman's knot, to replace my strap after it wore out. I like the rope better than the strap.
The strap was big and difficult to snap binners and snaps to. It was also a little on the long side, the rope is easy to adjust to just the right length.

Hillbilly,

The strap that you see is a nylon wire tie that Hubert uses to secure the whole works together for shipping. Otherwise those two nuts would disappear into the Alternate Reality or be grabbed by Interdimensional Creatures.

The shackle pins are screwed through one side of the shackle and the nylock nuts are used as jam nuts.

Tom

Originally posted by Tom Dunlap
Hillbilly,

Otherwise those two nuts would disappear into the Alternate Reality or be grabbed by Interdimensional Creatures.

Do you have the phone number for the alternate reality or the creatures?? I have some stuff I need to get back including a few biners.

:rolleyes:

Lovely Nick,
what kind of splice would "someone" use to construct a new
strap? The strap needs to be really short, would two splices
fit?

Yeah, you'd have to use a single braid rope (yalex would work...you could use vectran if you wanted super strength) and do a locking brummell on each side.

love
nick

butterfly

kf tree,

I climb on Yale xtc with a spliced eye and william ball biners from petzl. Some days i'll be on a distal and others on a blakes, depends on the work to be done. I tried the HDP rollers on my butterfly but just couldnt get used to the feel of it. It's a great saddle and I'd be interested in getting it fixed up, always nice to have a spare

rope snap

Rich,

Same here, brought it up but couldnt get anywhere. What a tease.
Wanted to check out the mod that TREETEX posted, looks interesting.

The english part isn't working .

Click on Vertrieb and then on Verschiedenes, page 2 and presto.

Cool schackles.

Hillbilly direkted me to the updated ART site.

i spoke with tony at fresco yesterday when i ordered a butterfly. they are starting to stock the ART "bridge". i ordered one as well as the saddle. he wasn't sure if they were in stock (he sounded pretty busy) but they have a bunch on order.

Back