Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Port timing and cylinders should be the same. Unless there was a change in manufacture. IE: Mahle to KolbenShmidt

Define "stud spacing between 123 and 7900"? Are you asking bolt pattern of the cylinders or bar stud spacing?

I did mean bolt pattern of the cylinders. I found its not gonna work out.

Dolmar i think.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
It looks very similar to the very square style 123/133/143 full wraps. From my recollection (which we may or may not trust), I think that full wrap came as a kit. Dolmar full wraps tended to move your hand more forward so the power head and longer bars would balance better. This in turn required the brake flag spacer plate to come with the kit to bump it forward as well. Clearance for the big fat knuckle guys out there and all. But I don't have a reliable reference to back this up...

Those 166's are nuttin but junk, You need to dispose of it quickly.
Send it my way and i'll take care of it for ya.

Nice saw.

Lee
Yep, so terrible you have more than 2 dozen! I have kinda given up on finding one for myself. [emoji53] I'd like to get into restoring the old mag Dolmars.

Those 166's are nuttin but junk, You need to dispose of it quickly.
Send it my way and i'll take care of it for ya.

Nice saw.

Lee

Shore mate no prob, I can't stand a well built saw anyway haha. By the way Can you guys still get air filters over there for them?

I have a little PS 540, what are the specs on it and can you find top end for it?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

I have lower expectations. I missed a 112 a couple of years ago and still looking for one about that size or a little larger. For me saws in the 50-65cc range are kind of on my list. My only Dolmar is a Dolkita cs400, nice little saw.

Send me a pm if you have interest in the 120.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Shore mate no prob, I can't stand a well built saw anyway haha. By the way Can you guys still get air filters over there for them?

If yours had the west coast filter set up then no problem with
air filters. But the non west coast like yours are like chicken lips.
Very hard to find.

Lee

If yours had the west coast filter set up then no problem with
air filters. But the non west coast like yours are like chicken lips.
Very hard to find.

Lee

Seems I had luck on my side yesterday mate.

Cheers

12473502_1546774645640015_5605983573022203152_o.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0757.jpg
    IMAG0757.jpg
    830.9 KB · Views: 8
No mate I re-felted over the steel mesh/cage of the box filter , I did that before I scored the 2 new nos felt wire aus filters.... The original old filter had little bits of felt missing in the steel mesh ,so I epoxied new felt over it.

IMAG0753.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG0736.jpg
    IMAG0736.jpg
    817.7 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back