Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found a SD133 in a pawn shop today.It's missing the chainbrake but everything else seemed in good shape.It had good compression and started and ran.I'm just trying to get an idea what they are going for and any potential problems to look for. Any help would be appreciated. Dan :help:
Hi Dan just a bit of info for you
looking for parts for my SD 116 SI and found the same items fitted to the Makita saw's, like chain brakes air valves etc, just get the part number from your saw's IPL then search for it on a Makita parts supplier site Buy Parts - Powertool Spares this is who I found you might want to get someone closer! but this one's good for seaching and IPL's
No major probs with the 133 just the usual carb kit, fuel lines,filters, spark plug, and a good clean and service gets them up and running
make sure the tank vent non return valve is working ok (Makita replacement) let us know how you get on with that.
good luck Russ....

I just got a few Sachs Dolmars and I've never worked on one before so it was suggested I come to the experts for help. I need help with ID and cylinder compatibility. I'll try to get some pics for the ID help but I think I have a 116 nearly complete but no starter and a 120 possibly with good spark and everything but the top end. Specs seem hard to find and IPLs group together families of saws so I'm finding this hard to figure out plus the saws I'm pretty sure have a little bit of that frankensaw thing to them already. Thanks and I'll try to get some pics.

I have 2 dolmars a 109 with bad AV mounts and a 116si No- spark and missing the top cover and air filter.
Are they worth messing with? (I would be fixing to sell) Parts availability? Thanks

I though it was time to throw my hat into the ring. Two weeks ago I didnt have any Dolmars...Now I have 3.
First one was a 510. Sweet saw for sure paid 75 bucks for it. Then this morning a guy I work on saws for calls and tells me that he has something for me. A 122s and a 112 silver edition. I got a few more saws too.

I am going to be looking for a few parts for the 112. The clutch cover is missing:msp_sad:

I will get some pictures up tonight.

I stumbled on to Jerry's thread couple a months ago and like Caleath had never run one - never even considered them. I wondered how another German saw could compete with my Stihls. Boy has he got a lot to answer for because I found out these Dolmars are catching.

It all started with this little $7.00 112 with a dodgy points ignition. I figured the bar and chain were worth that and I could throw the saw away. But with some great advice from Jerry and others I installed the electonic module from a 120Si and got a funky little saw. The piped exhaust gives it a great look and I also stole the big dog from the 120Si as the 112 had none - looks silly but works great.
P4140766.jpg

P4140765.jpg

Then I go a pair of Bumblee bees. A McCullock 6800 (120S) and a McCulloch 5200 Super (111). They sure look funny in yellow and black but they are both fine saws and excellent runners.
P4140754.jpg

P4140757-1.jpg

P4140759-2.jpg

Then a couple of cheapies came along, a PS-400 and 102. For 40cc saws they are quite strong and will make fine little garden saws.

P4140763.jpg

Then I got serious. This 9010 goes along with the 395 and 060 on big wood days. It compares quite favourably and is very smooth to run
P4140767.jpg

And I have a blue one now, a little 540 in need of some tenderness.

P4140774.jpg

Now I am going to have to get rid of some of those other German saws that live in my shed.

Last edited:
Thanks Mustang but I am an awful slow learner - I got more saws than I can ever use but I just got a lead on a nice 123 and I am starting to hurt. What I need another 70cc saw for I do not know but my wife just says to get it. She is a bad influence.

Al.

[
Now I am going to have to get rid of some of those other German saws that live in my shed.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the enlightned side of german engineering :)
easy to work on,nice to handle and look like a saw should..
Oh,and easily modified if wanted..
funny how a 30 year old dolmar is as advanced as a modern stihl eh ?

Thanks Mustang but I am an awful slow learner - I got more saws than I can ever use but I just got a lead on a nice 123 and I am starting to hurt. What I need another 70cc saw for I do not know but my wife just says to get it. She is a bad influence.

Al.

Everyone should be so cursed as to have a wife that encourages us to buy another saw we don't need. :msp_rolleyes:

I see there are a number of you Dolmar users here. Who has been keeping them a secret all this time? And how come I have been using Stihls for 35 years with out knowing about them? Seems like a a simple marketing problem.
I turned down a good running CT last year. Now I am kicking myself.
My wife likes shoes and I like saws - it is a good combination.:msp_smile:

Why thank you Jerry.

And Gmax, like I said, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer.:laugh:

Al.

122 S coil?

I could not help grabbing this for $10.00. Coil is shot -can I use one from another saw? It is electronic and looks like the one on my 056 - all underneath the flywheel.
How about the home made dog?
Darned Dolmars.

P4170776.jpg

P4170775.jpg

Al.

Good looking 122S. The coil parts from some 120Supers will work,as will the 133. The coil parts from the horizontal cylinder Stihl will interchange, the 056 I think it is that has the Bosch trigger and coil under the flywheel. I useed the coil and trigger unit from a SD 309 to get my 133 back up and running.

Latest posts

Back