Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up a Sachs Dolmar 119. Good compression and spark. I need a few parts to make it a runner. I've hit the swap meet. Thought I would see if anyone here may be able to help. The recoil cover got busted in the mail, so I need just the cover, my internals are fine. It's missing the intake elbow. The fan shroud is rough too. The top cover has a chunk missing but I can use it. All the brake parts are gone but that's no real issue to me. I'll post a few pics in a bit.

Sachs Dolmar 166

A friend of mine is giving me his saw. He says its too big for him. I am probably going to sell it. Whats it worth? Runs good could use some cleaning up. I dont need that big of saw either.Anyone interested in a saw like that? I will get pics later this week and probably put it in the classifed section. Thanks

A friend of mine is giving me his saw. He says its too big for him. I am probably going to sell it. Whats it worth? Runs good could use some cleaning up. I dont need that big of saw either.Anyone interested in a saw like that? I will get pics later this week and probably put it in the classifed section. Thanks

There will be plenty of intrest in that saw, price will depend on condition and I would guess there will be plenty of guys sending you PM`S.

You know the rules.

You have to post some pics,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,The 166 is on my hit list, but they tend to be too rich for my blood. Parts are pretty slim for them too.

There was a Super cherry 166 on a western states craigslist a year or so back, It looked to be very low use, with a nice bar (42" or 50' can't remember) K&N filter, full wrap, guy wanted $1200, don't know if he got it, but it was gone in a week or so. Remember this was a "like new" saw.

Any saw is worth exactly what someone is willing to pay.

There will be plenty of intrest in that saw, price will depend on condition and I would guess there will be plenty of guys sending you PM`S.

Yep!

PM sent. :laugh:

Just viewed the 166 pic's.
Here is what i think.
Muffler deflector missing, Manual oil pump
missing and impossible to find. Side grills
in cylinder cover missing also impossible to
find. This is a late production saw and should
have a chain brake. Clutch cover looks to have
been repaired "welded" at the upper dog mount.
I could be wrong on that, pic isn't to clear.
A 166 with a full wrap always demands more
than one with a half wrap.
It is most definatly not a $1200.00 saw.
So for those interested, Take all this into consideration.

Lee

If the P&C are in good shape, that would be the main thing I would have to know before jumping into the fray.

Those are key parts, I have also seen
the lower rod bearing go on these 166's.
Although i have piston kits available and
cylinders can be replated, I gets costly.
I'm working on 2 at the moment with
replated cylinders and new piston kits.
About 400.00 just to do a top end.

Is this saw in question a good runner?

Lee

Those are key parts, I have also seen
the lower rod bearing go on these 166's.
Although i have piston kits available and
cylinders can be replated, I gets costly.
I'm working on 2 at the moment with
replated cylinders and new piston kits.
About 400.00 just to do a top end.

Is this saw in question a good runner?

Lee

It runs fine.

That is a fine looking saw for sure. Here is my newest Dolmar:
189865-0707111908-jpg

That is a fine looking saw for sure. Here is my newest Dolmar:
189865-0707111908-jpg

Its a 9010?

Looks to be a sweet saw. Any video?

Leeha, I was impressed with your assessment of the 166. I'm not in the bidding; if I was, I'd appreciate it even more. Thanks.

Back