Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the same air filter, as I could use one?

Good luck with that. They are becoming rare. Seeing them on fleabay for 40 bucks plus shipping.:mad2:
If you find an old dealer or somebody with a few, get what you need, then pm me their phone number, cause I could use 1 or 2 myself!!

Good luck with that. They are becoming rare. Seeing them on fleabay for 40 bucks plus shipping.:mad2:
If you find an old dealer or somebody with a few, get what you need, then pm me their phone number, cause I could use 1 or 2 myself!!

If you see them, thats more than I do. Its in my collection, would use it more if I could find a spare. I have it Permatexed up a bit, may have to get creative. I put a piston and rings in it for less than that. Never thought that simple, flat filter would be such a bother.

My little 112 has the electronic ignition form a 120Si and it goes right fine.

P4140765.jpg

Al.

Dolmar 120 help

Hey guys. Im rehabing a badly abused 120 for my best friends dad. I finaly rounded up all the parts i need except an air fiter. Im normaly a mac guy these red beasties are new to me. After readings some posts on here im not optimistic but does any1 know where to get a air filter? Good used is gd enough. Thanks for any help

Hey guys. Im rehabing a badly abused 120 for my best friends dad. I finaly rounded up all the parts i need except an air fiter. Im normaly a mac guy these red beasties are new to me. After readings some posts on here im not optimistic but does any1 know where to get a air filter? Good used is gd enough. Thanks for any help

Howdy, neighbor ..... chainsawr has one in stock (Link).

Cheers!

They are more common if you have the two piece version. The flat ones, and according to the parts list a 120 may have one, is NLA new, and hard to come by used.

Early 120 had the flat filter, serial # before 157102 (NLA). They also had the one "T" nut cover hold down. Later models had the two screw cover and take the filter like chainswr has. I bought two new flocked filters from edge and engine last year they are for the 6800 but fit fine. Got the flocked for less than that nylon one too! Give them a shout, bet they can still get the later ones for you.

120 help

Thank u guys. I have a gd line on a filter now. I appreciate the help saving this old girl. The owner picked it up for 15 bucks outa a scrap pile in a recycling center. I always love to see somethn discarded live again. Thank u for helpn make it happen

classifieds

Here's one I scored from the classifieds here. It was actually a 2fer. 2 116si mostly complete, took the best parts and made 1 with nearly enough parts for another.
New rings, and some elbow grease She looks pretty fine if I do say so myself. Wish I could find some decals for this old Girl. I have some for a 6800i, but it's NOT a 6800i!

before,

after,

Here's one I scored from the classifieds here. It was actually a 2fer. 2 116si mostly complete, took the best parts and made 1 with nearly enough parts for another.
New rings, and some elbow grease She looks pretty fine if I do say so myself.

Thats the 2 Dollys that were here in the classifieds? All I can say is WOW!!! :bowdown: That 116 looks like she could've just come out of a dealer. Excellent work!

102 radial ring ?

Looking to replace the crank seals on an old 102.
the IPL calls them "radial rings "
am i looking at the right part ?
any trick to getting them out and in without a whole buch of taking apart ?
was thinking like maybe a pick to pry em out and a socket to drive em in ?
tnx.

Looking to replace the crank seals on an old 102.
the IPL calls them "radial rings "
am i looking at the right part ?
any trick to getting them out and in without a whole buch of taking apart ?
was thinking like maybe a pick to pry em out and a socket to drive em in ?
tnx.

Yep your looking at the right part, Dolmar calls them radial rings.

The trick I useally use is to drill a very small hole in the metal part of the seal and run a small metal screw in and then use a prybar or such under the head of the screw to pull the seal out.

Been doing these like that forever then like you say, drive em in with the right sized deep socket.

143 project

I was just given an old dolmar 143. In a bit of a state, been through a flood and had seized but will see if i can revive the old girl to cut another day. I'll keep you posted on the progress.:rock:

Latest posts

Back