Sachs Dolmar Chainsaws Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pajeepman

pajeepman

ArboristSite Operative
I have a ps6000i and was trying to find a 24" bar and was wondering the same thing. I did not find a 100% answer when looking last night. Wondering if a husky bar fits, what model husky should I use as a reference. Seems like there is a difference between a 372 bar a 540 bar

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

pioneerguy600

pioneerguy600

Lost in Space
Staff member
. AS Supporting Member.
The mount has nothing to do with the kerf or gauge but looking at my chain and bar book it does show the PS-6400 as having a different mount than most other older Dolmar saws. The 6400 is listed as using the D009 mount. All my Dolmars use K095 mounts, 6000, 6800.

nstueve

nstueve

Makita Freak!
I have a ps6000i and was trying to find a 24" bar and was wondering the same thing. I did not find a 100% answer when looking last night. Wondering if a husky bar fits, what model husky should I use as a reference. Seems like there is a difference between a 372 bar a 540 bar

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

6000i/6800i: Depending on the guide plates, bar studs, and tensioner... they can be either small or large mount husky.

Dolmar88

Dolmar88

ArboristSite Lurker
Hallo i am new one this forum.
I have a dolmar 153 already for some years.
After some time it felt dead so I changed the ignition, i had the info from smokstak.com.
But now I tried to set the module back on right position but I don’t get it, I tried to rotate the hole module 180 degrees doesn’t work! I hope someone can help me because I’m working on it already 1 year.

Attachments

• 2B573986-56E6-4289-A0B6-48DBDF70B328.jpeg
    2B573986-56E6-4289-A0B6-48DBDF70B328.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 25
  • D6BDBE7E-86C0-43F6-B1EA-EE867214CAB9.jpeg
    D6BDBE7E-86C0-43F6-B1EA-EE867214CAB9.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
vinnywv
Hello im new to this forum but not the site. I usually hang out on the mac forum. However i have a saw to fix for a guy. Its a sachs dolmar 112. It has low compression. The cylinder is ok but piston has a gouge in it and the ring looks worn to me. My question is about pistons. Will a dolmar 114 double ring piston fit and run fine in the saw? Currently it has a single ring piston in it. Will the timing be fine and height be fine? Any help is appreciated, thanks vinny

Voodoodb

Voodoodb

ArboristSite Lurker
Hoping to get a little info. I have a 4.2ci Sachs engine, 49mm. Was told it’s either a 120 Super or a 120si. Can someone tell me if the piston and cylinder were the same in these 2 models? Am needing a new piston as the one I have was modified to run on alcohol and have been told the piston was shaved to do something to the timing so it would run on alcohol better. I am going back to gas and it idles and wot are great but mid range is very rich.

thanks
Doug

huskadolmar

huskadolmar

Old saw guru
Hoping to get a little info. I have a 4.2ci Sachs engine, 49mm. Was told it’s either a 120 Super or a 120si. Can someone tell me if the piston and cylinder were the same in these 2 models? Am needing a new piston as the one I have was modified to run on alcohol and have been told the piston was shaved to do something to the timing so it would run on alcohol better. I am going back to gas and it idles and wot are great but mid range is very rich.

thanks
Doug
Not too familiar with alcohol saws. But i can tell you that a super has a plastic tank and si has a metal tank. Muffler and porting is different . I have each. So i can help you there. I would try to adjust timing at an ignition level, more timing will add midrange power. Too much detonates early and can damage piston. I cant help with what was changed to run alcohol efficiently. But can answer most questions about the saw to try to help figure it out.

huskadolmar

huskadolmar

Old saw guru
Anybody know for sure a 116si had plastic tank but 120si had metal? I know super was plastic....as far as the si i an almost positive...but how many plastic tank saws got converted to metal because the muffler came loose....guilty of that before but it was a 116si. Also without pulling starter covers i cant remember which was which but one is a bosche cdi and other is points.