Saw Stolen need a better replacement.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Efco is working to increase it's dealer network. They have partnered with a very good distributor with a large, established customer base. It's the best distribution net they have ever had in the US to date. In fact, if a shop has an account with that distributor they can order part even if they are not a dealer. I found this out even before I became a dealer.

I figured you must be a dealer, pushing a saw that has so little backing and such a bad rep in its past. If the OP has a good dealer next door to him then I could see him getting an Effco but if not then he better get 2,3 or more if he needs to have at least one saw running at all times.
Now what model should the OP be looking for in an Effco for the size of wood/trees he is cutting, bar length and chain type also.?

I figured you must be a dealer, pushing a saw that has so little backing and such a bad rep in its past. If the OP has a good dealer next door to him then I could see him getting an Effco but if not then he better get 2,3 or more if he needs to have at least one saw running at all times.
Now what model should the OP be looking for in an Effco for the size of wood/trees he is cutting, bar length and chain type also.?
Actually, I'm not a dealer any more. I am an owner of several Efco's. The only bad rap Efco had is a bad distributor net. They are working on that. I currently sell Stihl for a fairly large dealer. I just hate to see people who've never had an Efco in their hands talk about how "bad" it is. Quality manufacturing and engineering shows in their stuff. I'm just not a brand snob.

Actually, I'm not a dealer any more. I am an owner of several Efco's. The only bad rap Efco had is a bad distributor net. They are working on that. I currently sell Stihl for a fairly large dealer. I just hate to see people who've never had an Efco in their hands talk about how "bad" it is. Quality manufacturing and engineering shows in their stuff. I'm just not a brand snob.

I am not a brand snob either, I actually like my Effco`s, I have two 950 Supers and a 152, they are well made but when a part fails, and they will on all saws, then I want to see the service backup. I had chainbrake parts fail and the module on one of my 950`s, it took months to get the right parts to fix them. I currently have a new piston,rings and pin on its way to me for the 152. For me personally this is not a big issue, I own more than 50 running chainsaws of all makes and models. For someone that only owns ,one saw, that needs to depend on ,that saw, then he would be much better off owning a saw with dealer backing.

I am taking a look at the ones i have locally on CL as well as the ones on this site. So far on CL this is whats out there:
Stihl 361 $450
Husqvarna 359 $325
SOLO 651 west coast chainsaw. $350
Husky 455 new in box $350
husqvarna 372xp $650
STIHL D36 $275
Stihl 660 mag $600

Im still looking on the site

I am taking a look at the ones i have locally on CL as well as the ones on this site. So far on CL this is whats out there:
Stihl 361 $450
Husqvarna 359 $325
SOLO 651 west coast chainsaw. $350
Husky 455 new in box $350
husqvarna 372xp $650
STIHL D36 $275
Stihl 660 mag $600

Im still looking on the site

Do you have any dealers near you?

How close in size/weight is the 441 to the original poster's 290? I haven't used one but the one I looked at didn't seem all that much bigger than my echo 590.

I have allot of stihl dealers and one Husky in town. There is an Efco dealer about an hour away but they are the same ones I purchased my tractor from and from all the problems I have went through trying to deal with them and them having $200 markup more than other dealers for a starter I needed I just dont trust them. Anyone I talk to about that shop all say stay clear of them.

Efco per se is excellent quality! Nothing wrong with them one second.

But personaly I would choose the 162 over the 156. A little stonger but the same weight.

Here's something for you. On the web search for "bills saw shop husqvarna specs and stihl specs" and you will find that they have a chart of all modern models with horsepower and weights.
Also check out mike acres website "chain saw collectors corner" which will have info on just about any saw you can think of.

Two questions please.
1) why the pro loggers in arround the world buy stihl , husqvarna, dolmar ?
2) why i must break my head for finding parts, and service , for a brand that maybe cost the same price as the stihl dolmar husky ?
I am not brand snob, but lets see around us , what all theese loggers have , and really i dont care if my neighbour who is a doctor buy a saw from a super market just because he like to have tools in his house.
i take example for buying somethind from what the profesionals use, and if someone go for 800 or 1000 dollars i sure recomend him to buy a stihl , husky , dolmar not a supermarket saw whatever brand it is

Here's something for you. On the web search for "bills saw shop husqvarna specs and stihl specs" and you will find that they have a chart of all modern models with horsepower and weights.
Also check out mike acres website "chain saw collectors corner" which will have info on just about any saw you can think of.[/QUOTE
Both of those are very useful.

If you do some research you will find that Efco is the third largest outdoor power equipment manufacturer in Europe. Husqvarna and Stihl combined have close to 80% of the chainsaw market in the US. Why? They pump millions of dollars in advertising annually. Jonsered runs close to 10%. Echo has around 5%. The rest split the market. Husqvarna took the Jonsered brand away from Tilton to increase it's market and announced recently that they are discontinuing RedMax chainsaws. Efco once was being distributed by Tilton, also. Tilton had next to no budget for advertising.
Efco tried the big box distribution game with Northern Tool and even marketing saws in John Deere and Cub Cadet livery. None of that worked. A few years ago Efco changed distributors (at least in the Eastern US) to RBI, a much larger distributor than they have ever had. Efco is finally getting serious about the US market. Projections show that they may equal Echo's market share in the next couple years. As the dealer network grows, parts availability become easier. I recommend Efco, not because I'm blind to other brands. I like Efco because I have used it and other brands and I know the good and the bad of almost every brand out there. I've been selling and renting equipment since 1986. Put an Efco 132s in the hands of someone who uses one of the current Stilh or Husky top handles. Let them compare them and I bet a lot of them will take the 132s over the others. As for professional, Sachs-Dolmar (before Makita bought them) had a much larger market share with pros than they do now. Husqvarna took years and a good dealer (the one I worked for) before they could even dent the market in the county I live in. Now, they have only one dealer against a dozen Stihl dealers and very few Husqvarna saws are sold here compared to 15 years ago. Give Efco a few more years and you'll see a difference. And if you haven't tried one, find someone who has one and give it a try.

Latest posts

Back