Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bucked, split, and hauled wood from wheel barrow to van from 9 to 3. I may need a Gatorade. There is so much rounds left I think I may have gone too far. Will probably take a month to haul it all out lol. I think it's time to recruit my wife and kids.

Oh yeah, scrounging with a cold felt much better than sitting in the house all day. If you don't see me for a while, tell the cops my wife did it. She's pissed I went scrounging instead of seeing a doctor

Very nice pics, and nice scrounge!

Although there are two types of poison snakes around here, you never see them. We never used to have any infectious ticks either, but that has all changed. Almost everyone I know, and every dog I've had, has had lyme! (somehow, I have escaped so far)
What about spring? :lol:

Chris, being in the bucket all day in a cold wind must be tough.

One of my friends does most of the bucket work for the local Town (works for the Town).

Thankfully, he topped a large branch near the power lines in my back lot last year, made it much easier for me to take the rest of the leg down. Will take the rest of that tree down this year, the bottom is all rotted (a Silver Maple). luckily, most of the rest of it is leaning away from the power lines. Just a small leg on the opposite side I will have to tie and pull the opposite way. I'm hoping the upper portion will be good for firewood.

I use bleach after I open the blisters. I scrub the area with a bleach soaked rag and a few minutes later I scrub the same area with soap to wash off the bleach. If I do not wash off the bleach it will cause an irritation of its own so the discomfort continues.
Yup, I've seen my Dad do the same.

Some of that is looking a little past prime. I have some maple that is the same condition. I take the time to split out the rot so the chances of bringing in ants and bugs is reduced.
Yes the last 6 rounds on the bottom were pretty bad (almost all of the trees in this lot are past prime) Solid most of the way down the tree though.

I split that crap away from the solid part and leave it in the woods.

I've been a bit slack lately , too much snow in the woods and the tractor was buried , since today turned out to be a fair weather day I went to check up on the tractor , when I got there the 4+ foot of snow had shrunk down to about 3' so I decided to make a run for it LOL
I was just just gonna take a drive up the road with the van but since I had the tractor I figured I'd go for a few leaners if I could see some and get to them .
Found a few maples along this tree line .

IMG_20150403_135925.jpg

IMG_20150403_142950.jpg

This one looked good from the road but when I got close up I decided to pass on it , been there too long :(

I did manage to drag out a few tops today :)

IMG_20150403_151917.jpg

IMG_20150403_160513.jpg

It did make for a small load with the Zogger wood and the sun came out so it was a real nice afternoon out there :)

IMG_20150403_160518.jpg

I checked but no PI or ticks to be seen ;)

I've been a bit slack lately , too much snow in the woods and the tractor was buried , since today turned out to be a fair weather day I went to check up on the tractor , when I got there the 4+ foot of snow had shrunk down to about 3' so I decided to make a run for it LOL
I was just just gonna take a drive up the road with the van but since I had the tractor I figured I'd go for a few leaners if I could see some and get to them .
Found a few maples along this tree line .

IMG_20150403_135925.jpg

IMG_20150403_142950.jpg

This one looked good from the road but when I got close up I decided to pass on it , been there too long :(

I did manage to drag out a few tops today :)

IMG_20150403_151917.jpg

IMG_20150403_160513.jpg

It did make for a small load with the Zogger wood and the sun came out so it was a real nice afternoon out there :)

IMG_20150403_160518.jpg

I checked but no PI or ticks to be seen ;)
Yes! The dancan van is back in action!!!

Latest posts

Back