Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You need a 50 x 100 barn on a waterproof slab.
The pole barn is 30 x50 my garage at the Wappingers rental is 24x36 biggest I could fit on the lot . I have two bays in the barn (built 1840s) where I live and the temp shelter I’m trying to buy the land adjacent to mine 20 acres to put up a large shop . If that falls through I’ll build on my lot .

Here you go Brett - just like all the 4x4 Monte Carlos. You're welcome. ;) View attachment 1047711

Just needs a Chevy motor and it will be all good :p.
You looking to build something, scouring CL for that deal. There's a few more than in the past, since I'm not shopping in your back yard lol.
I did up a nice 80, it's a sweet little pinker. The 10.5" on the table is a lot lighter though even though it has a much heavier barrel and backup sights.
20220702_191704.jpg

Brett, let me know when you got your good Chevy motor ready to run me!

Real street tires only, no launch control allowed!
I've had many.
I really have no interest in building anything these days, but I'll probably put another GSXR together when the barn is finished, and I'll line up with it anytime you'd like 👍.
BTW, my favorite car to beat was mustangs, and not just on the bikes, but with the chevys, my Pontiac never lost to one either lol. The little s10's with v-8's were fun(I built 5) my favorite race was with a guy who had a v-8 ranger, basically whoever pulled the holeshot would win as it was neck in neck the whole way. Perfect example of similar builds will have similar results in similar conditions with similar drivers. That being said, you would have nothing on anything me or anyone else could build if it was built similar to yours... ;).
Also, if I had it all to do over, I would have built the rangers, as they are much easier to work on than the s10's, but then I wouldn't be able to make fun of all the mustang guys :lol: .

Went to the local farm show today. Had to stop and check out the guy with the band mill. He always has new Baileys catalogs. Had this too. Pretty cheap for HVBW. :laugh:
View attachment 1047738
The thumbnail on the email alert made it look like highly valuable steaks, made me hungry :sweet:.
Those are priced cheap for a wood that's sought out all over the universe :laughing:.

Brett, it would likely all depend on the driving and nature of the race.

I've embarrassed 2 crotch rocket bikes with this car, one was late off the line and could not catch me, the other agreed to a rolling start and letting me jump first (he was very cocky that he would annihilate me) and he could not catch me (race was to 120 MPH) either. (He had a yellow Ducatte).

Another local guy has 2 Vetts, a newer one that is very fast stock, and an older one that is running a 383 small block. He told me either one would beat me, so I gave him a ride, after which he said: "I feel sorry for anyone who races you".

That said, I've had a faster (straight line) Mustang in the past.

Just had to give you a little ragging with your anti Ford engine post!

No one is ever the fastest in all conditions, but regardless of if it is this Mustang, or past ones like my 427 powered 70 Boss or my 68 390 GT, no one who knew how my cars ran ever made fun of my engines.

Went to the local farm show today. Had to stop and check out the guy with the band mill. He always has new Baileys catalogs. Had this too. Pretty cheap for HVBW. :laugh:
View attachment 1047738
Wow that's expensive even for HVFW. (highly valuable fire wood) Think I'll just cut up my own at the cabin.

I recently bought 100 55 gr V-Max bullets to reload, only to discover that I had an old box of 250 that I had barely used, so I decided to take inventory of the 22 bullets I've horded over the decades.

Turns out I don't need to buy anymore 22 bullets for quite a while. I have over 3,000 bullets in 13 different configurations from 40 gr Hp to 55 gr TTSX.

Most were purchased in bulk quite a while ago, including: 800 - 55 gr Hornady Softpoint and 850 Reminton 55 gr Hp. and a recent purchase of 400 (remaining) Hornady 55 gr Hp.

Both my Ruger American Rifle in 223 and my M-77 in 220 Swift like the 55 gr Hornady Hp bullets. The 220 Swift also likes the 55 gr V-Max bullets, but the 223 does not like them so much. The 223 likes the 52 Gr Hornady Hp match bullets, while the 220 likes the Siera's more, and likes the 53 gr a little better than the 52 gr.

I was disappointed that Midway stopped selling the Hornady 55 gr Hp bullets, and no one else seems to have them. Would be nice to just keep one bullet that both guns like. I guess my current supply will last me a few years.

Brett, it would likely all depend on the driving and nature of the race.

I've embarrassed 2 crotch rocket bikes with this car, one was late off the line and could not catch me, the other agreed to a rolling start and letting me jump first (he was very cocky that he would annihilate me) and he could not catch me (race was to 120 MPH) either. (He had a yellow Ducatte).

Another local guy has 2 Vetts, a newer one that if very fast stock, and an older one that is running a 383 small block. He told me either one would beat me, so I gave him a ride, after which he said: "I feel sorry for anyone who races you".

That said, I've had a faster (straight line) Mustang in the past.

Just had to give you a little ragging with your anti Ford engine post!

No one is ever the fastest in all conditions, but regardless of if it is this Mustang, or past ones like my 427 powered 70 Boss or my 68 390 GT, no one who knew how my cars ran ever made fun of my engines.
I've never been real concerned with winning, at least since I was around 16 😆, and it was a good thing my Pontiac was up for the task, only lost one to a Cadillac powered Nova that rolled off the start. I didn't race him again, and he didn't get too many races after that, not because he was fast, but because he was rude.
There were usually two types of guys racing, one thought that they could be the fastest, the other thought it was good fun to see what they could do with their car/skills. The last one typically won more races, not because he came out in front, but because he was learning.
We had two guys who ran nines at the track that were commonly on scene at the local hangouts when I was around, they both put many bikes to shame. One was a Nova running 400hp or 600hp(it was a while ago lol) nos on a 350, the other was a 2wd bronco 2(? the very short one), he ran a 460 that was obviously very strong. Both vehicles did well because they put the power to the street, there were always more powerful ones, but spinning your tires doesn't usually win races.
The guy who built my last motor had an eagle talon, it ran high 9s, but out of the hole it was the fastest car I've ridden in. He had a good time messing with bikes and guys at lights, but much like many of the guys with fast rides he didn't hang with the crowd at the lot. My last motor was a small block 400 punched .030, 400 crank, 5.7" rods(with lots of extra work done on them), custom pistons for that application, and a mild cam. It was built to put out 400-450 and specced to handle 600 as I want to put a little nos kit on it. I built it to be a daily drive that would run on pump fuel and it did a great job. Nothing too peaky but rather massive torque, unfortunately I was unable to finish the suspension/rear mods to my 72 chevelle ss wanna be clone. I needed caah and sold the car off and held onto the engine, ended up installing it in a 79 Malibu, it was a fun sleeper, and while the gearing was way high, it sure was fun on the e-way.
I ended up loosing the garage I had been set up in for yrs and sold the Malibu to a friend and the engine to another, he installed the motor in his 79 blazer for the dunes, it was a beast.
I enjoy running the heck out of cars, but my bikes smoked any car I ever had and they were barely over stock or stock, with the exception of one that was very built.

That wasn't an anti Ford post, but rather one of mixing pieces together to make a tank. But I'll be the first guy to dog on a ford to upset a Ford owner :laughing: .
Don't have any pictures of the mustangs I've owned, so this will have to do.
20221207_110011.jpg

Next up I'll curse stihls, and post pics of them 😆.

and it comes pre-rusted!!!
Everything that's been here is pre-rusted, it really sucks.
I've gone to look at rides and they say no rust, get there and there's holes I could stick my fist in :buttkick:. When I'm looking for cars I search, no rust, rust free, out west, down south, sometimes I find them that way, other times it's just searching like mad.
I hate rust BTW!

Everything that's been here is pre-rusted, it really sucks.
I've gone to look at rides and they say no rust, get there and there's holes I could stick my fist in :buttkick:. When I'm looking for cars I search, no rust, rust free, out west, down south, sometimes I find them that way, other times it's just searching like mad.
I hate rust BTW!
x2

The Mustang is in for a rust repair as we speak. It is a 2006 I bought in late 2005 and drive all year long, and this is the 1st rust repair, so I can't complain.

That said, the underside usually looks real rust free, but I noticed a paint bubble on the driver's side in front of the rear wheel. Guess it developed a small hole on the inside and went from there. Should have it back soon.

Are you saying your street legal mustang will run the quarter mile in the 10's???

SR

Back in the day one of my friends had a 69 Camaro with a 350, 2 - 4s on a tunnel ram and 4:88 gears. With 11" slicks he was turning low 10s.

He teased me and asked if I wanted to run him with my 70 Boss (w/427). I told him if he put street tires on it, I would race him.

He went to his garage and put them on, came out looking for me, did not even close his headers. He was very disappointed when I blew his doors off as he left jet black lines on the pavement. The race was not even close, and he was so upset he drove home and did not come out for the rest of the WE.

My cars were intended for street racing with street tires, and they were very good at it. A lot of it is knowing how to drive. Excessive wheels spin is your death knell. My 427 Boss was VG both straight line and cornering (with BFG Radial TAs), something that was rare back then.

The 390 had a worn-out suspension and was just a straight-line beast. My current ride would launch a lot better if it had a softer front end. I often have to baby hitting second gear.

I know a lot of guys who had fast cars who were unable to drive them competitively. Some of them let others drive for them in races.

The Mustang is in for a rust repair as we speak. It is a 2006 I bought in late 2005 and drive all year long, and this is the 1st rust repair, so I can't complain.

That said, the underside usually looks real rust free, but I noticed a paint bubble on the driver's side in front of the rear wheel. Guess it developed a small hole on the inside and went from there. Should have it back soon.
Hopefully that is the only major spot.
It's good thats on a panel that's replaceable, sucks when the whole car just rots out. People give me a hard time about being so picky about rust, then they cry when they spend thousands on repairs and find out their ride is rusted thru on the frame.
Do you guys have much salt on the roads there. It's bad here, everything is white with salt :baba:.

Are you saying your street legal mustang will run the quarter mile in the 10's???

SR
No, it is about 12 flat on the street, but if it is a rolling start up to about 120 not much will catch it. The bikes have incredible 0-60 times, my car would never match them in that range, and it will not match their top end. My strength is in the midrange. Traction and wind resistance are my enemy.

If I had a stronger drivetrain and big slicks on the back, I'll bet it would be close to high tens. The big problem is traction.

I've turned 12:46 with it twice, and my back tires are better now, the engine is stroked (from 4.6 to 4.9 Ltr) and I added Magnaflow cats and high-performance coils (both made noticeable differences).

It runs well for a street car, but the new stuff keeps getting faster, but mostly with auto trans and launch control!

Back