Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ten thousand posts in 1 1/2 years is pretty good. I had no idea there was that many fellahs into wood scrounging! Keep up the good work, you're a great bunch of guys! To all the newcomers, ask all the questions you want, I don't think anyone will bite your head off here, everyone is very civil on this thread. Sometimes we even discuss scrounging wood!!!!!:D;)
Epic thread man, thanks for starting it!

Can't beat this view for dinner.

c6ba03001e20c17ad1fe26b32298f7a0.jpg

The only fish caught today
011f7a3fa88b28a00374b38bba4dab29.jpg

You mean face cord? 23 cord, prove it! haha j/k, where would one even store that much wood? That would be just over 3 years supply for me (if full cord lol).

You go through that much wood a year? I couldn't keep up with that kind of burn rate. I'm really hoping I go through less than 4 cords a year.

Coupla Bonus pics for Ambull. Here's what mid to south georgia looks like from the main road..they grow white fluffy things, miles and miles of them.View attachment 453894 The other side of the white fluffy fields is swamp, pine trees, moss and hogs about half the size of an old VW beetle..next pic is your new scrounge buggy, start saving the extra from your new job!View attachment 453892

Nice. Get an American Bulldog and start hunting them hogs. With my new job will come the Cummins, possibly a trailer, and about 10 acres of land that I'll be able to hunt and cut firewood.

Looks like a city truck Steve Lol , get on over to a spring shop and get them to install some F350 front springs installed and a pair of airbags for the back and then make a rack for the back .
That way you could haul a cord in the back and a couple on a trailer

Through several rain squalls my FIL and I got the roof 95 percent done today. I'm literally a jigsaw blade and about two dozen screws from completion. Just need to put a narrow strip on the right side and one chunk of cap on and she's all set. The bottom looks a bit wavy as I hadn't screwed it down yet in this photo.

Metal goes up easy but the time consuming part was the extra framing we did where the rooflines meet on the back side of this photo.

image.jpg

Fellas, we like that hawg huntin here in Ga. They run rampant, open season all year round, and we slaughter their arses. Zoggs if you were on I-75 through mid Ga, at the Warner Robins exit, you were within 6 miles or so of my house. Here's one I busted a few years ago that was worth mounting. 400+ on the hoof and meaner than four hells. If any of you guys are through mid Ga, and can stay a day or two, wknd, let's get it on...hog heaven.

930717730c0014aff30859c7498e7d2c.jpg

0d8e3167f19a033a282ea485fd675862.jpg

653411c999d8d5011061ff9896896de8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Fellas, we like that hawg huntin here in Ga. They run rampant, open season all year round, and we slaughter their arses. Zoggs if you were on I-75 through mid Ga, at the Warner Robins exit, you were within 6 miles or so of my house. Here's one I busted a few years ago that was worth mounting. 400+ on the hoof and meaner than four hells. If any of you guys are through mid Ga, and can stay a day or two, wknd, let's get it on...hog heaven.

930717730c0014aff30859c7498e7d2c.jpg

0d8e3167f19a033a282ea485fd675862.jpg

653411c999d8d5011061ff9896896de8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk
Mmm. Love hog meat. Although I'd imagine he was too rank to be tasty.

Coupla Bonus pics for Ambull. Here's what mid to south georgia looks like from the main road..they grow white fluffy things, miles and miles of them.View attachment 453894 The other side of the white fluffy fields is swamp, pine trees, moss and hogs about half the size of an old VW beetle..next pic is your new scrounge buggy, start saving the extra from your new job!View attachment 453892
Mmm. Love hog meat. Although I'd imagine he was too rank to be tasty.
We had almost all of him ground into sausage so the seasonings take some of the gamey taste out, or masquerade it I should say. It wasn't too bad. The smaller hogs are the sweet ones...cook up fine.

We had almost all of him ground into sausage so the seasonings take some of the gamey taste out, or masquerade it I should say. It wasn't too bad. The smaller hogs are the sweet ones...cook up fine.
I got about a 90 lb hog in Texas several years ago. Those little bone in chops were absolutely superb.

Through several rain squalls my FIL and I got the roof 95 percent done today. I'm literally a jigsaw blade and about two dozen screws from completion. Just need to put a narrow strip on the right side and one chunk of cap on and she's all set. The bottom looks a bit wavy as I hadn't screwed it down yet in this photo.

Metal goes up easy but the time consuming part was the extra framing we did where the rooflines meet on the back side of this photo.

View attachment 453909
That is a setup there...good looking cabin.

Latest posts

Back