Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted to skid those aspen logs tree length but no chance in that much snow. So I bucked them and used the wagon instead.

I can't remember the last time I was able to skid logs on bare ground this late in the year. Bought time we got a break.
wood love to have snow to skid logs. i'm good up to a foot or so. no bare ground here Clint. just bare MUD!!!!!!!!!:cry::mad::cry::mad:

Steve all this rain has made it a real mess. I am glad I am not burning as the ground is so soft I might need zogger mudders to get from the wood pile in the back yard to the house.

Hope this rain stops and the forecast changes since I have wendsday off to do some late season archery hunting. If it is raining, I am going to work instead. A little cold and snow would be nice.

Some places in MO have had 8+ inches of rain in the past 48 hours. We've had around 5 inches where I'm at. MODot says over 400 roads are closed across the state right now for high water. Still more rain in the forecast for tomorrow. I wonder how much snow that would equate to if it were colder?

Some places in MO have had 8+ inches of rain in the past 48 hours. We've had around 5 inches where I'm at. MODot says over 400 roads are closed across the state right now for high water. Still more rain in the forecast for tomorrow. I wonder how much snow that would equate to if it were colder?
We are at about 3 inches up here, but my boss just texted me and said the window replacement job i was gonna start tomorrow is probably off. Guess the people did not want the next 2 inches in their house. :lol::lol:

Yes, that is the general conversion factor, but it is not exact. I believe that is 10" of dry snow.

11:1 in fresh dry snow.

Depends on the temperature.

32 degree its 10 - 1
20 degree its 15 - 1

That's what Ron Rhoades just said on this mornings weather! Don't know if it's right, you all know how meteorologist are!

Steve all this rain has made it a real mess. I am glad I am not burning as the ground is so soft I might need zogger mudders to get from the wood pile in the back yard to the house.

Hope this rain stops and the forecast changes since I have wendsday off to do some late season archery hunting. If it is raining, I am going to work instead. A little cold and snow would be nice.

I pushed my bagger mower around the yard yesterday to get a bag full of grass clippings for the cluckeraptors and I was leaving ruts!! Soggy ain't the word for it around here. Bonus pic, north georgia tropical vortex swamp cougar. Poor guy waits all year for polar vortex so he can be a snow leopard...

Attachments

• IMG_20151228_091331.jpg
    IMG_20151228_091331.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 57
I pushed my bagger mower around the yard yesterday to get a bag full of grass clippings for the cluckeraptors and I was leaving ruts!! Soggy ain't the word for it around here. Bonus pic, north georgia tropical vortex swamp cougar. Poor guy waits all year for polar vortex so he can be a snow leopard...

"now how do I get out of here and stay dry?"

I may have created a monster! I recently sold that MS460 we resuscitated to my next door neighbor Chris, and I put a 20" bar on it with some square file chain so he could try it out this past weekend (he went upstate).

In addition to replacing the broken clutch, we also put a dp muff cover on it and HD-2 filter, removed the carb limiters and tuned it right.

Well, he is ga ga over how the saw ran, and wants me to teach him how to file square file chain!!!!! Even though he has a 441 and 10mm 044, he says this is now his primary saw. I guess when you are 6'6" / 350 lbs, and additional fraction of a pound does not bother you a bit!

He said the saw ran super strong, and the square file just went through everything like nothing! It is good to have Happy Campers!

Well, I know there'll be a lot more driftwood scrounge in the bottom fields tomorrow..it's raining so hard, the ditch in my garden is white water! I tried to get a pic, it is almost completely dark here and raining hard, so it is blurry but you can see the flow (barely, better ones tomorrow in daylight). My GF went into town today and said the river we have to cross on a bridge to go in is so high that they were directing traffic already and getting ready to just close it, it was inches from the road.

Attachments

• IMG_20151228_174959.jpg
    IMG_20151228_174959.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 27
Back