Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Philbert[/QUOTE]
We just don't see that style over here (or, at least, I never have).

Philbert

Philbert here's some more pictures of this splitter we built this about 8 years ago but have recently added the ram and pump to make the beam rise and lower and changed the sliders for the knife that run up and down the beam. I couldn't imagine working with those splitters that work on the ground will kill a mans back in 2 seconds and those other ones that work laying down would drive me nuts. But I guess whatever works for people. The yellow and black splitter is one we recently brought was at the right price same concept but stays upright
image.jpeg

So, it is one thing when your friend tells you how happy he is with a saw, it is quite another thing when his wife then also tells you how that saw just ripped through the logs. I think we have a severe case of Family CAD developing next door, that may need the help of AS members! Your saw donations will be welcomed!

So, it is one thing when your friend tells you how happy he is with a saw, it is quite another thing when his wife then also tells you how that saw just ripped through the logs. I think we have a severe case of Family CAD developing next door, that may need the help of AS members! Your saw donations will be welcomed!

Do not give that man a ported saw. The countryside would soon look like the surface of the moon. LOL.

I have a local kid coming to help me tomorrow, we are going to haul a couple cords of aspen rounds out of the woods. Getting close to my wood goal for the year, may as well reach it!

No more time to putz with sharpening the big loop of square file so I'll be running some semi chisel on the Johnny and may throw the new square file loop on the 550.

I'll have to give you another lesson on square file! Too bad you don't live closer, cause the guy next door wants to learn it now too!

He put that 460 in the wood with square file, and it's over!

Good thing I'm semi retired, or I could not explain why I do this to myself! Truth is, I got a big kick out of how exited he was about how it cut!

I'm like a big kid!

Now your talkin !!!!
Hey Reid , you payin attention ?
LOL

Merry Christmas to All !!!

Nope. Couldn't fit anything else in the van yesterday. Made a couple of trips so about 1 cord. Back end was sagging pretty bad. It felt like it was back in the 80's again and I was driving a lowrider.

Finally got out in the woods for a few hours this afternoon and started working on the wood that the power company left for me. Put up a half cord of aspen, ran the big saw, and tried my hand at square file sharpening.

I forgot my raker file so it didn't cut as strong as new but there was definitely an improvement after I sharpened. Hit a rock on my last cut so she'll need more love before next time.

I got a chance to run my Wilton Bash 6# maul against the S2800 and X27. I'll post results in the splitting tool review thread.

View attachment 473808 View attachment 473810
Another bullet, probably from a .380. We used to target practice on this hill.
View attachment 473811 View attachment 473813 View attachment 473814

Hey you like that short handle S2800 more than the X27? I like the 36" handle on the Fiskars myself. Used my brother in-law's shorter Fiskars but was afraid of hitting my shins.

can't get help since all the kids either do drugs,play games or got the phone stuck so far up there can. i hired a kid to help me i fired him in 1 hr he wouldn't stay off his phone.

Be careful. Don't want to see you on the news after they give you a life sentence worth of hard labor.

Rock it, rock it, rock it real good!

Cutting in snow on rocky ground is a *****.

Rocked three chains to do two cords of bucking. Usually I get at least three cords per chain before I have to sharpen. I'm literally out of chains here and the only one I have left is 58 gauge and that bar is in the SUV my wife has three hours away until tomorrow.

What we have carried out so far.
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Lots more to haul
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Drying the moisture off the dead soldiers.
image.jpeg

Latest posts

Back