Scrounging Firewood (and other stuff)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not wood but a cool scrounge while wandering around in the woods at the farm.
9fc7326eceb49d18e764b1cb1c766e96.jpg
e33cc58dfcba50cefdb534830a7ef229.jpg

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Does anyone use their log splitter in 10-20 *F weather? We've got a cold week coming up and if I don't get out and do something at least once a week, I'll go bonkers. I have a dozen rounds on my driveway that need to be split so I could manage being outside a little to get it done.
Reason I'm asking, I thought at one time I had locked up an engine because the oil was too thick to do its job when I used my splitter in cold weather once. Also, can the hydraulic oil get too thick for the pump?

Cause of death? Wounded during hunting season, coyotes, or injured by car?
One of the eye sockets is blown out and missing so I'm assuming probably scavenged from a road kill or something like that. Only part was the head so definitely thinking something took it as a to go lunch.

Sent from my Electronic Leash

Does anyone use their log splitter in 10-20 *F weather? We've got a cold week coming up and if I don't get out and do something at least once a week, I'll go bonkers. I have a dozen rounds on my driveway that need to be split so I could manage being outside a little to get it done.
Reason I'm asking, I thought at one time I had locked up an engine because the oil was too thick to do its job when I used my splitter in cold weather once. Also, can the hydraulic oil get too thick for the pump?
Yes they can be ran. What weight oil is in there right now?

Thanks. After running older saws that thing is the cats meow. I ran the 261 for the top today and then grabbed the 462 for the log. Wondered why I diidnt use it for everything..
Can’t wait to run the 620p in some wood this weekend to compare to my old 262xp and see what old vs new feels like.

Replaced a cracked fuel line, reset the gap on the plug, and cleaned the coil/flywheel. Starts right up!A8FE8B0A-9694-4EF4-8114-9B9D04512EEC.jpeg68417997-7EB8-41D9-B36A-0003470F59D3.jpeg

Can’t wait to run the 620p in some wood this weekend to compare to my old 262xp and see what old vs new feels like.

Replaced a cracked fuel line, reset the gap on the plug, and cleaned the coil/flywheel. Starts right up!View attachment 887786View attachment 887785
That wasn't too bad of a fix.
Curious which you like better, you may make some 262 fans upset if you say the echo lol.
Any way to get some videos of them both cutting.

With a little extra prep time, and the right gloves, I run my splitter down to about 10°. Below 10°, I usually just burn some of that split and plan my next effort:

IMG_8725.jpg

With a little extra prep time, and the right gloves, I run my splitter down to about 10°. Below 10°, I usually just burn some of that split and plan my next effort:

View attachment 887834
What weight oil ya run in that thing Jere. :laugh: Glad we haven't seen 10* this year so far.

Latest posts

Back